Honored Contributor

Re: November 3 ....to March 8, 2020

This is one of the advantages of living in a state that stays on standard time all year long.  The daylight gradually increases/decreases throughout the year so we don't have to go through the sudden change every Spring & Fall.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I live with birds and have adapted myself to their circadian rhythm.  

They are driven by daylight and darkness. Next Monday, bedtime for them will be when it gets dark, just like bedtime was for them tonight, when it got dark.

I used to dread having to wake up Presto when it was still dark so that she and I could bond in the morning before I would head off to work.  She was not amused Woman Happy  Mornings are so much more relaxed with her since I retired.

Even though I benefitted from being able to do some things while I still had daylight after a work day, I always thought it was odd that man manipulated time.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I live with birds and have adapted myself to their circadian rhythm.  

They are driven by daylight and darkness. Next Monday, bedtime for them will be when it gets dark, just like bedtime was for them tonight, when it got dark.

I used to dread having to wake up Presto when it was still dark so that she and I could bond in the morning before I would head off to work.  She was not amused Woman Happy  Mornings are so much more relaxed with her since I retired.

Even though I benefitted from being able to do some things while I still had daylight after a work day, I always thought it was odd that man manipulated time.  

@Bird mama Time is only for humans.  Animals have no need for it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dislike Daylight Savings Time.

I was always told the change was for saving electricity.  Well, that proved wrong.  People going to work need to turn their lights on in the morning to get dressed and make breakfast during DST, so what is the difference turning lights on in the morning vs turning them on at night during SDT.  I see no savings on electricity.  

Besides it takes me weeks to get used to the change as far as bedtime goes, particularly to SDT.

Honored Contributor

Good grief, it's only an hour .... the change is just a little like jet lag.

Trusted Contributor

While I am looking forward to next week driving to work in daylight.  I don't like the time change either and the older I get the harder it is.  I agree pick a time and stick with it.

Honored Contributor

I just wish they'd pick one time and stick with it.  I don't care which they choose.  I'll adapt.

Honored Contributor

Next to Christmas Eve night this one is my favorite of the whole year.  Darkness as early as possible.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@sunshine45 I totally agree with you. I hate the time change. Hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too!  I HATE It!!!  Hate when it's dark so early!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

The reason to change the clocks again for approx 4 months escapes me.  Total darkness at 5:00 PM is bad enough - standard time ups it by an hour.  Who designed this crazy procedure?

Fall back for Fall.............................?

@fthunt 

My mom always said they go it backwards.....we need MORE not LESS daylight hours in the fall/winter seasons!!!  And in the summer we dont need it light until almost 9PM/10PM....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”