Super Contributor

Be sure to notify your primary that you received the COVID vaccine, dates and type

1st, 2nd, Moderna or Pfizer.

Dont trust the health care system to update your records....

Also...just a note that some of the vaccinated have experienced what is being called Covid Arm

weeks after your shot, you develop a small rash at the vaccination site.  It is itchy and hot for about 2 days.

CDC says this is a sign that our immune system is processing the antibodies....A good thing.

Honored Contributor

my mom made several copies of her card. she will give them to her doctors when she sees them. it has all the information on it.

so far, no rashes or side effects for her.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I would have much preferred to be vaccinated by my primary care physician.  The roll out was just stupid  It is much easier to just go to the doctor we always go to.  And yes, they have a freezer  

Respected Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

I would have much preferred to be vaccinated by my primary care physician.  The roll out was just stupid  It is much easier to just go to the doctor we always go to.  And yes, they have a freezer  

@agb80 

I had this conversation with my dr. and he said it's a whole new set of logistics to start vaccinating patients due to freezer, waiting room area for observation time and still seeing regular patients. 

I just want the shot. I'll take it in a Wendy's bathroom if need be 

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@agb80, I bet the logistics dictated the best way to get the most people vaccinated. Of course it's still not an easy procedure; I don't think we've ever tried this before.

I'm confident that within a couple months, we'll see much success.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Also remember, best to not get a mammogram until 4 weeks after the 2nd shot. 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

@agb80 

I had this conversation with my dr. and he said it's a whole new set of logistics to start vaccinating patients due to freezer, waiting room area for observation time and still seeing regular patients. 

I just want the shot. I'll take it in a Wendy's bathroom if need be 

Jinx, you owe me a Coke, @scatcat :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It was my doctor that notified me where to sign up for a shot and gave me instructions about what I had to bring and a code to get access.  

Honored Contributor

My primary told me he wasn't getting involved in the vaccine at all.  Very small practice. Just him and his nurse.  Nurse said they didn't have the proper freezer to store the vaccine and that they just weren't going to offer it.

Next time I'm there, I'll mention to him that I have gotten both doses and I assume he'll make a note of it, but who knows.  I like him a lot, but I've only ever seen him 3 times since he's been my doctor.  Fortunately, I just haven't had much need to see him.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Our PC was no help with any info about getting the vacine, said they didn't know where or when and told me to call the main health organization which wasn't any help either.

So next time I see them, and I only go if emergency! I'll let them know I got the vaccine.

Its pretty impressive for a doctor to call a pt and let them know about the vaccine and where to sign up!

The churches and my daughter were the ones who give information about getting it. Some counties, cities, states have been much better than others about getting this all rolled out.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"