Honored Contributor

Not Receiving Emails

[ Edited ]

I have a few accounts with Synchrony and I noticed these past two months I haven't received emails from them.  I am enrolled with paperless statements.  When I make payments I also don't get email confirmation.  I went into each account and all of my information is correct.  Any ideas on how to fix it?  I have checked my spam and nothing is there.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky.  I would suggest calling Synchrony and asking them

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
I would definitely call and talk to someone on the phone that knows what the problem could be and enough skill to fix it. I had a run-in with synchrony several years ago and they were not fun to deal with. They carried the credit card I had with a local store....and were not crediting my payments....call and insist on email confirmation, or go back to paper statements.
Honored Contributor

I call the bank and they are showing it was emailed to me the 8th of the month.  They told me the time and confirmed my email.  On their end it is not showing an issue.  It just doesn't make sense that the two accounts I have with them I am now not receiving any emails.  Not even confirmed that my payment was received.

Honored Contributor

only paper for me. I pay all my bills in person too . Mail is too iffy.

As usual only person you can trust is yourself.

Honored Contributor

No one here has an answer for you but Synchrony would.  You should call them.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

No one here has an answer for you but Synchrony would.  You should call them.  

@chrystaltree I did and got nowhere.  They don't see the issue as it shows the email being sent to me at my email address.  This just started the last two months.  I have googled on how this happens only with one company not finding the answer there too.

Honored Contributor

Check with your ISP. Your spam box doesn't necessarily hold all of your spam. Some providers sift out what they think is spam before forwarding the mail to you and hold it elsewhere. My Verizon email address comes through Yahoo and they have very odd spam filtering. Lots, and I mean lots of good emails are filtered out by them as spam and I have to log in at yahoo.com to find them and tell them they're not spam, only to have them filter them out again later. I've largely transitioned my more important stuff now to Gmail as they're not quite as bad at it. It's entirely possible whoever provides your email service is filtering out your Synchrony emails before you ever get them. If they were being rejected as undeliverable Synchrony would know. If they're being filtered out by your ISP, neither you nor Synchrony would know. Call or email whoever your Internet Service Provider/email provider is and see if they're filtering out your email before it gets to you. Chances are they are.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Well I finally got through to someone who could tell me something,  She looked into it and saw that they sent the email to me but it was bounced back.  She noted it and then suggested I set up another email address.  I really don't want to do that.  I went into my accounts and re entered my email address.  This is just to strange.