Esteemed Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

Well, I myself have been rolling on the floor laughing on a thread about saying something hateful... ironic, huh???Happy animated emoticon

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Am I understanding correctly that certain posts are now being deleted without an explanation from the moderators?  Are they no longer speaking to us?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Am I understanding correctly that certain posts are now being deleted without an explanation from the moderators?  Are they no longer speaking to us?

Correct. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Not Much Fun Any More

[ Edited ]
Shunned....excommunicated....Can be readmitted to The Community with RIGHT behavior......remember, it's better to have No spirit than a 'mean spirit!'
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I'm having trouble remembering to use the new spellchecker, too, @beckyb1012.

Hi dooBdoo :-).  I was in the process of responding to you when a lot of our responses evaporated.   When I was talking about "ego" I never said "everyone" as you stated in your post to me.  It's not important -- those posts aren't here anymore anyway.  I really came back to say I don't think we've posted with each other at any great length in the past but I've always enjoyed reading your posts.  Maybe we can discuss the subject of ego some other time...certainly not here, lol.  (Wish you were there).  It's an interesting subject that many people either don't understand or refuse to understand.  I discovered this some years ago and have been working on myself in that regard.  It's amazing what a different outlook one can have when one makes an effort to keep the ego in check.  

Honored Contributor

RoughDraft wrote:

Hi, @RoughDraft.  From what I observed, they moved the entire thread from our view for a few minutes and did some editing.  Once the thread reappeared, numerous posts were gone (including all of mine with the exception of my goodnight wishes) and there was no explanation other than their post #41 from the moderator stating "This post has been removed by QVC mean spirited comments."  So they cut a wide swath, the conversation was (in my opinion) civil, and we have no explanation for individual post removal.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Justina wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

I'm having trouble remembering to use the new spellchecker, too, @beckyb1012.

Hi dooBdoo :-).  I was in the process of responding to you when a lot of our responses evaporated.   When I was talking about "ego" I never said "everyone" as you stated in your post to me.  It's not important -- those posts aren't here anymore anyway.  I really came back to say I don't think we've posted with each other at any great length in the past but I've always enjoyed reading your posts.  Maybe we can discuss the subject of ego some other time...certainly not here, lol.  (Wish you were there).  It's an interesting subject that many people either don't understand or refuse to understand.  I discovered this some years ago and have been working on myself in that regard.  It's amazing what a different outlook one can have when one makes an effort to keep the ego in check.  

Hi, @SaRina!  I'm glad you saw my post!  I agree, you didn't say everyone -- I did, and I only wanted to make that distinction in general.  Thanks for the kind words.  As I said in the now missing comment, I enjoy reading your views.  Why we can't discuss ego...  I have no earthly idea.  As I always have done, I'll continue to write my thoughts here and realize I have to consider them temporary, ephemeral posts.Robot LOL

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor
Maybe you can't discuss ego because it's not for sale here
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Hi, @RoughDraft.  From what I observed, they moved the entire thread from our view for a few minutes and did some editing.  Once the thread reappeared, numerous posts were gone (including all of mine with the exception of my goodnight wishes) and there was no explanation other than their post #41 from the moderator stating "This post has been removed by QVC mean spirited comments."  So they cut a wide swath, the conversation was (in my opinion) civil, and we have no explanation for individual post removal.

Thanks for the explanation dooBoo.  Odd, to say the least.  Color me confused.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Recruitment for another board.