Honored Contributor

beckyb1012 wrote:

Some days are more fun than others.  Maybe this time next year we will not even remember the old forums. 

They seriously need to bring back spell check, I need it bad.

I'm having trouble remembering to use the new spellchecker, too, @beckyb1012.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

All three posts I made on this thread are gone. It is obvious what is going on here. Death by report button. Do the mods even read the post before they delete?

it is pretty heavy handed - and there isn't anything to say why my post was deleted.  I wasn't even saying anything bad - just explaining the diff between corp run boards and private run boards.

ROFL, weren't we in this very spot about 10 years ago? BOOM!

Hi, @cody2 and @biancardi!  All of my posts (except wishing all a goodnight) are gone, too.  I guess respectful disagreement isn't allowed either.  I agree, it's excessively heavy-handed in my opinion.

I wasn't here 10 years ago...  was it this heavily censored then, too?

Hi doo, join the crowd. No it wasn't on this board. It was on the other shopping board many years ago. B and I were having a serious difference of opinion on a political matter and BOOM, we both disappeared from the face of earth (the bulletin board).

Honored Contributor

cody2 wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

cody2 wrote:

biancardi wrote:

cody2 wrote:

All three posts I made on this thread are gone. It is obvious what is going on here. Death by report button. Do the mods even read the post before they delete?

it is pretty heavy handed - and there isn't anything to say why my post was deleted.  I wasn't even saying anything bad - just explaining the diff between corp run boards and private run boards.

ROFL, weren't we in this very spot about 10 years ago? BOOM!

Hi, @cody2 and @biancardi!  All of my posts (except wishing all a goodnight) are gone, too.  I guess respectful disagreement isn't allowed either.  I agree, it's excessively heavy-handed in my opinion.

I wasn't here 10 years ago...  was it this heavily censored then, too?

Hi doo, join the crowd. No it wasn't on this board. It was on the other shopping board many years ago. B and I were having a serious difference of opinion on a political matter and BOOM, we both disappeared from the face of earth (the bulletin board).

Thanks for the explanantion, sorry that happened to y'all though.  QVC is probably driving many good folks away from here but I suppose it's possible they feel they'll continue to add new posters and perhaps they don't care about losing long-time members.  Or, maybe, when the dust settles the moderation pendulum here will swing back to a more understandable level.  Who knows.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Re: Not Much Fun Any More

[ Edited ]

@Mama Mia wrote:

@surfk wrote:

Many people often refer to the fact that they miss the old version of the forum which included "Viewpoints". But, technically, doesn't "Community Chat" fulfill that same function, generally?

I think "Community Chat" is actually a broader category even than "Viewpoints". The former seems to imply that anyone may discuss anything they wish (within guidelines) including adding their "viewpoint" to the mix.

The latter (and now late-), "Viewpoints", seemed more specific in its implication that one had to have a point-of view or an opinion on something. It didn't ever seem quite the right fit for those who just wanted to discuss a myriad of topics (with their opinions included). "Viewpoints" seemed narrower in its focus as it seemed to invite more attitude or a specific opinion (as one even posed a question or wrote about a topic).

I don't particularly "miss" Viewpoints and Community Chat seems to fulfill that same niche only in a broader and clearer manner.

Well, goody for you!

mm

Yeah. It is. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

goodstuff, That is exactly what I amfeeling 

I am just not as at ease and I thought it was me just trying to figure this board as I am so new. Thank you

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

mine are gone too.

All were within the standards.

Good Gravy.

Respected Contributor
Come on The Community! What do we do when we don't feel comfortable? ..... Let's go SHOPPING
Esteemed Contributor

So I guess the old standby remark that it's only troublemakers and those who blatantly push the rules and  mods that are the ones who are having their posts deleted. 

A few posters on this thread have been deleted and say their posts were nothing bad, and I tend to believe that. Not that I ever believed the other explanation anyway. Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:
Come on The Community! What do we do when we don't feel comfortable? ..... Let's go SHOPPING

You are right. Let's all go to the Mall.

Respected Contributor

WOO HOO!, Nordies, Dillard's here I come!!  Too far to go to SLC today.

Great idea too!

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".