Respected Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

All three posts I made on this thread are gone. It is obvious what is going on here. Death by report button. Do the mods even read the post before they delete?

it is pretty heavy handed - and there isn't anything to say why my post was deleted.  I wasn't even saying anything bad - just explaining the diff between corp run boards and private run boards.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

All three posts I made on this thread are gone. It is obvious what is going on here. Death by report button. Do the mods even read the post before they delete?

it is pretty heavy handed - and there isn't anything to say why my post was deleted.  I wasn't even saying anything bad - just explaining the diff between corp run boards and private run boards.

ROFL, weren't we in this very spot about 10 years ago? BOOM!

Honored Contributor

Some days are more fun than others.  Maybe this time next year we will not even remember the old forums. 

They seriously need to bring back spell check, I need it bad.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I just found spell check when I hit submit on that last post.  Am I having fun yet?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor
It's rather dull in town, I think I'll take me to Pa-ree.....
Valued Contributor

Many people often refer to the fact that they miss the old version of the forum which included "Viewpoints". But, technically, doesn't "Community Chat" fulfill that same function, generally?

I think "Community Chat" is actually a broader category even than "Viewpoints". The former seems to imply that anyone may discuss anything they wish (within guidelines) including adding their "viewpoint" to the mix.

The latter (and now late-), "Viewpoints", seemed more specific in its implication that one had to have a point-of view or an opinion on something. It didn't ever seem quite the right fit for those who just wanted to discuss a myriad of topics (with their opinions included). "Viewpoints" seemed narrower in its focus as it seemed to invite more attitude or a specific opinion (as one even posed a question or wrote about a topic).

I don't particularly "miss" Viewpoints and Community Chat seems to fulfill that same niche only in a broader and clearer manner.

Respected Contributor
Me doctor recommends a qui-et summer by the sea......
Respected Contributor

@surfk wrote:

Many people often refer to the fact that they miss the old version of the forum which included "Viewpoints". But, technically, doesn't "Community Chat" fulfill that same function, generally?

I think "Community Chat" is actually a broader category even than "Viewpoints". The former seems to imply that anyone may discuss anything they wish (within guidelines) including adding their "viewpoint" to the mix.

The latter (and now late-), "Viewpoints", seemed more specific in its implication that one had to have a point-of view or an opinion on something. It didn't ever seem quite the right fit for those who just wanted to discuss a myriad of topics (with their opinions included). "Viewpoints" seemed narrower in its focus as it seemed to invite more attitude or a specific opinion (as one even posed a question or wrote about a topic).

I don't particularly "miss" Viewpoints and Community Chat seems to fulfill that same niche only in a broader and clearer manner.

Well, goody for you!

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor
Mm mm, mm mm....wouldn't it be loverly
Honored Contributor

Re: Not Much Fun Any More

[ Edited ]

cody2 wrote:

biancardi wrote:

cody2 wrote:

ROFL, weren't we in this very spot about 10 years ago? BOOM!

Hi, @cody2 and @biancardi!  All of my posts (except wishing all a goodnight) are gone, too.  I guess respectful disagreement and innocuous explanations aren't allowed here.  I agree, it's excessively heavy-handed in my opinion.

I wasn't here 10 years ago...  was it this heavily censored then, too?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova