Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

My feeling about this is that the changes have been made for a reason (a number of reasons)......  Maybe if you would not post on here you might feel better.  What is going on with this thread isn't helping the situation....... 

I for one like many of the changes, and am really trying to learn some new things from them.  Thought for a long time that something needed to be done and wondered when the Q would ever get around to changing things.  One of the best things that has happened is that there is less sarcastic posting going on.  Really think everyone is trying to be nice to everyone.......there will always be some folks that try to stir things up, but they can be ignored and the moderators will handle them. 

Am sorry there are so many unhappy posters on here tonight.......

I disagree.  I think what's going on with this thread very likely MIGHT help the situation.  How else will QVC know what's working & what's not, what we're happy with & what we're not?

That doesn't mean they will go back to the old forum or make every change we request.  But I'm sure they want feedback - In fact, they've been encouraging it.  I would far rather speak my mind than simply slink away without voicing my opinion.  And I have respect for everyone else who is speaking up too.

It would help no one (QVC included) if we left without saying why we've chosen to do so  Lots of long-time regular posters are already gone, and more are sure to follow.  If people don't speak up, nothing is going to change and soon it will be a ghost town here.  It's been 2 weeks and there are still lots of threads written by people who are frustrated and upset.  It makes no sense for all of us to just sit here like obedient little children.  Opening up conversations about this can ultimately help everyone.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
All of the interesting conversations were made that way by the so called trouble makers.I don't know why so many posters got offended and didn't just stop reading.All of their complaining for more moderation was successful and now we have nothing to talk about ,soooooo boring.
Honored Contributor
Re: Not Much Fun Any More
Options
2 hours ago

moonchilde wrote:
How many times do people have to announce that they find the forums now boring, childish, restrictive, etc. yet still keep coming back to say that over and over again. Right, you can do that every day for 6 months if you like, but that certainly does add to the boredom.

"As many times as we want to?"

Didn't I already say that? Do it every day, all day. It then becomes as boring as you claim the forums and threads that don't please you are. People get to say they find the forums boring. I get to say I find the complaints boring.

I speak to ALL recent "I hate it here now!" threads and posts, not specifically the OPs post. After a certain point, IMO they speak to frustration of a different sort. The new forums have been here a while now. Plenty of time for people to have stated that they will no longer be using the forums because they don't enjoy them any more, and to have just stopped coming.

The forum moderation changes were obviously thought out and planned by QVC. They were not done on a whim, or because a small handful of people requested it. I think a lot of some people's dissatisfaction is that they can no longer behave as they like here, say and do what they like with no reins. And I can't bring myself to feel bad about that.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
Options
2 hours ago

@Moonchilde wrote:
How many times do people have to announce that they find the forums now boring, childish, restrictive, etc. yet still keep coming back to say that over and over again. Right, you can do that every day for 6 months if you like, but that certainly does add to the boredom.

"As many times as we want to?"

Didn't I already say that? Do it every day, all day. It then becomes as boring as you claim the forums and threads that don't please you are. People get to say they find the forums boring. I get to say I find the complaints boring.

I speak to ALL recent "I hate it here now!" threads and posts, not specifically the OPs post. After a certain point, IMO they speak to frustration of a different sort. The new forums have been here a while now. Plenty of time for people to have stated that they will no longer be using the forums because they don't enjoy them any more, and to have just stopped coming.

The forum moderation changes were obviously thought out and planned by QVC. They were not done on a whim, or because a small handful of people requested it. I think a lot of some people's dissatisfaction is that they can no longer behave as they like here, say and do what they like with no reins. And I can't bring myself to feel bad about that.

I T A

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

😉Good night, to ALL the posters in whatever
classification the judges put us in lol.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Sweet dreams, ladies.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Have only read the OP, but have to agree, wholeheartedly. It just feels foreign, no matter how often I come here, and participate. The new look and mechanical changes aside, the squeaky clean moderation is annoying and borderline insulting to adults. I feel many of their posts are condescending, and I just don't like it.

Honored Contributor

It seems to be a bit on the dull side at this point. There used to be more lively discussions

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been reading through the newer posts and it's interesting to see the different takes on the Boards.  A few things I'd add:

I agree with the point that not everyone is comfortable with starting a thread.  As in real life, some of us may be reluctant to start the conversation, but can quickly join in the flow with our view once things are underway. 

Moderator deletions:  the one thing that still bothers me about the new technique, is the anticipatory deletion.    I've read Moderator comments that "this could lead to hurt feelings" or "this is potentially argumentative."  We all know the obvious ones that should be zapped, but that type of behavioral control is really school marmish.  At least give it a chance.

I've been waiting for someone to tell the rest of us who we may, or may not "heart" and yep, it's happened.

All the best posters have left the building?  Seriously?

Respected Contributor

I have to agree with most of you. There were days I spent hours on the Board discussing things of interest. Now all we can talk about is how much we llike QVC, their hosts, their products and what nice weather we are having in our area. I enjoyed the give and take of the old boad. Maybe there were some times when things got a little less than politically correct, but it was always a healthy and invigoraating discussion whether you agreed or not.   

I don't have much of a problem with this board as far as function is concerned, although the bright white backgound kills my aging eyes, but I hate that we can't have an active, interesting discussion anymore on anything crrent or thought provoking. Also I'd love to know some of the ages of those who are deleting our posts, and I'd like to have a more detailed comment when a post is deleted telling us exactly why it was deleted.  What I am seeing just isn't enough to justify silencing a poster.