Valued Contributor

I feel the same.  Check in less and less.  I feel like I'm back in 1st grade.  Maybe there has been so many easy pay days lately as less and less people are spending.  You can't mention anything about hosts but they plaster their personal lives all over on air and on-line.  As long as you think QVC and all their hosts are perfect you're allowed to comment.

Super Contributor

I totally agree. Very much dislike the new style. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not Much Fun Any More

[ Edited ]

JohnnyEager wrote:

There were some lively, interesting and even informative conversations on the old Viewpoints about investing, retirement, the economy in everyone's different part of the country, the environment, recycling....can we discuss any of these?  I mean they involve current events, can lead to differences of opinion and are tangentially related to politics.  I'm still confused about what goes and what stays.

I agree... the moderators have been pretty clear that we can discuss current events, as long as politics and religion are left out of it.  I think we could still have some good discussions, but there are some who absolutely refuse to adhere to the "rules" and even challenge the moderators on what they do... hopefully people will stop taking that bait, and we can start having more discussions like you suggest. 

I do think part of the problem is how the forums are arranged... the "My Favorite Brands" subforums are completely separate from Forums that they "go with" like Fashion, Kitchen, etc.  I hope as people get more used to everything, the activity you're talking about will increase.  

And, contrary to what people seem to think, there are threads about hosts.  But host "bashing" is not allowed... we can be critical of how someone does a show, the outfits they're wearing, etc., but "personal" insults will get the thread deleted, which is as it should be.  

Honored Contributor
I personally really like the new forums. I like having rules that cover what's allowed to be posted, and moderators who truly enforce it. I like that the forums were cleaned up, and many old posts were not transferred over. I come here to be helpful, supportive, and to learn from others who openly share their experiences. Learning the ins and outs of navigating thru this new setup is a challenge I enjoy.
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely right about direct challenges or debating with specific moderators.  Folks should know by now that it is completely taboo.  I stumbled upon a few threads today specifically aimed at moderators and they were soon deleted.  It is amusing to see the deletion after I read the original post and know why it's gone.

Regular Contributor

OP.. Bravo! Your post is very well written. I so agree about this place being so over-regulated. It is to bad that we, as adults, can not talk about anything with more than a "G" rating. There are less posters, less interesting topics and less reasons to even check out the boards anymore. I do feel like we have to tippy-toe and be ever so careful to not say the wrong thing here. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Not Much Fun Any More

[ Edited ]

I've gotten used to the changes
(Lol my spell check tried to change the word "changes"
to "chanteuses"!)
and I like some of the new features we didn't have before
but they NEED to add those for us iPad users.

I wonder, have all of you tried starting threads
to talk about things that interest you?

I've gone ahead and posted like I always did.
😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

@goodstuff wrote:

Honestly, I've tried to like it........but I don't.  To me, these "new" boards are not ony poorly designed, more complicated, and more difficult to use........they are stiff, stilted, and over-regulated.  Sort of like a formerly great kids' playground where the swings and slide have been taken down and the jungle gym dismantled so no one can get hurt, the cushioned ground cover is so thick you can hardly walk on it, and a child will be summarily sent home if he gives a playmate's pigtail a mischevious yank.  Safe, sanitized and not so much fun any more.

I have come here almost daily for the past several years, but I am already dropping in less often, and I am quite sure I will be in even less in the future.  Sorry, QVC:  I have looked; I have assessed; I have decided.  You've hopelessly messed up a good thing.

Image result for playground hazards  Image result for playground hazards

I don't like that your post doesn't show up on my first page because I have my setting set to show the last  response and that's just the beginning of what I don't like. 

As for politics doesn't everything in this country come down to that.    I just can't say what I want to.   I haven't bought anything for over 5 years but if I was an active customer I would be insulted by some of the posts I've seen removed  and you don't really know unless you have seen the post before it has been removed. 

Valued Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There were some lively, interesting and even informative conversations on the old Viewpoints about investing, retirement, the economy in everyone's different part of the country, the environment, recycling....can we discuss any of these?  I mean they involve current events, can lead to differences of opinion and are tangentially related to politics.  I'm still confused about what goes and what stays.

I agree... the moderators have been pretty clear that we can discuss current events, as long as politics and religion are left out of it.  I think we could still have some good discussions, but there are some who absolutely refuse to adhere to the "rules" and even challenge the moderators on what they do... hopefully people will stop taking that bait, and we can start having more discussions like you suggest. 

I do think part of the problem is how the forums are arranged... the "My Favorite Brands" subforums are completely separate from Forums that they "go with" like Fashion, Kitchen, etc.  I hope as people get more used to everything, the activity you're talking about will increase.  

And, contrary to what people seem to think, there are threads about hosts.  But host "bashing" is not allowed... we can be critical of how someone does a show, the outfits they're wearing, etc., but "personal" insults will get the thread deleted, which is as it should be.  

I had a thread delete simply asking if a host was getting married?  Is that considered bashing?  I didn't know marriage was a taboo subject.  Seems like Angel and Courtney and Shawn were all over the place touting their marriages.

Super Contributor

Yep ... not much fun anymore ... I used to keep this window open on my desktop and stop by often during the day to read or comment ... now I have to sign in each time anyway so I went ahead and closed it and don't stop by sometime for days ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~