Valued Contributor

Today I bought my first Northwest cherries of the season (they made their way to the East coast) and they're wonderful.  All of the fruit I've bought this spring/summer has been exceptional.  The only thing that's been lacking (big time) has been tomatoes, but my garden is lookin' good and I'll have those tomato sandwiches that I so love in another month - can't wait!

Respected Contributor
Yes, I agree. I live in NY +!the summer fruit 🍇🍓🍒🥝lately has been wonderful ( especially the cherries.)..the food stores by me have them at $1.99 /lb starting tomorrow! I have been having them for dessert after dinner..🍒🍒😊. Enjoy..
Valued Contributor

@KKlim, My grocery store had the Northwest cherries on sale today for $1.99 a pound too- can't beat that!  In a couple of weeks we New Yorkers should be seeing Ranier cherries - another favorite!  

Honored Contributor

I wait with anticipation for the organic cherries....they are in at Costco.  Guess what I'm eating every day!

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2     Rainier cherries are also a NW cherry, they were developed at Wash State University and named after our beloved Mt Rainier. Even here in Wa state they are expensive, about 4.99 a lb. The Rainiers are my absolute fav.  Enjoy your cherries!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

We're on our 2nd, 2 pounds of cherries.  They're wonderful!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@KKlim, My grocery store had the Northwest cherries on sale today for $1.99 a pound too- can't beat that!  In a couple of weeks we New Yorkers should be seeing Ranier cherries - another favorite!  

Rainier cherries made it to the midwest last week.  They're so good!

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

I hope the midwest follows with your pricing.  They're on sale for $5.99 per pound here.  

Honored Contributor

Our Traverse City cherries aren't ready yet. Almost~~ I really wanted some cherries last week and broke down and got some from Washington state...ugh they were horrible! I knew I should never buy anything but from my roadside stands here where we grow the best!! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Are they ranier cherries? I bought them in June.