Esteemed Contributor

Visited me yesterday before a very bad storm. He's so beautiful. ❤️

BA5B554A-A69A-4840-8300-8A40C2FD301B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

It's our state bird, but I haven't seen any in several years.

Trusted Contributor
@godi
What a beauty! Thanks for posting this gorgeous creature. đź’™
Respected Contributor

A favorite, they're so beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Valued Contributor

They're my favorite bird but when we first moved into our house, their pecking (pounding, really) nearly scared me to death--I thought maybe someone was trying to break in.

Honored Contributor

Re: Northern Flicker

[ Edited ]

I like birds except for those flickers.  They make holes in our wood siding, try to break into our attics to live.  Actually I not too fond of the crows either.

Honored Contributor

@godi  We have a lot of flickers here where I live.( Seattle area)

They can cause a lot of damage in the spring by drilling holes in wood house siding....we had that problem until we replaced our wood siding with hearty plank( made from cement and looks like wood.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Northern Flicker

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

I like birds except for those flickers.  They make holes in our wood siding, try to break into our attics to live.  Actually I not too fond of the crows either.

@DiAnne  Yes and Yes... 

HATE CROWS... the crows are LOUD and they attack the robins and other sweet birds and their nests to kill the babies and such to feedthemselves and their young... I had a wonderful nest of baby robins last spring... and watched the crows attack the nest and kill every baby robin... I also find bits and pieces of bird legs AND BEAKS ETC... and such in my bird bath from crows cleaning the kill ( other birds that they murdered....) to feed to their young. Mother Nature is not kind....

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@DiAnne  Yes and Yes... 

HATE CROWS... the crows are LOUD and they attack the robins and other sweet birds and their nests to kill the babies and such to feedthemselves and their young... I had a wonderful nest of baby robins last spring... and watched the crows attack the nest and kill every baby robin... I also find bits and pieces of bird legs AND BEAKS ETC... and such in my bird bath from crows cleaning the kill ( other birds that they murdered....) to feed to their young. Mother Nature is not kind....

@SeaMaiden  Maybe that's why they call a group of crows a "murder of crows." I don't have any problem with the few flickers we see, but crows are the WORST!

Honored Contributor
@godi wrote:

Visited me yesterday before a very bad storm. He's so beautiful. ❤️

BA5B554A-A69A-4840-8300-8A40C2FD301B.jpeg

@godi 

Thank you for sharing, one of my favorites, not seen since our Forrest has grown so thick.  đź’• 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras