Contributor

Received an E-Mail today (Jan 16th) that there will no longer be texts sent (tracks when orders received, when shipped, when delivered) to be effective as of yesterday (Jan 15th).

E-Mails (if opted for) will continue and of course you can aways check status on the site.

Another cost-saving change ?!?  Perhaps they should have sent the notice to customers via text so it at least would have arrived prior to the change.   

Honored Contributor

I received that text yesterday.  I was very surprised they discontinued text alerts (immediately, no less).  More and more companies are adding text alerts as an option, not taking it away.  Not smart.  Sure, I can always log on to my account to check the status of something, or check through emails, but texts were much easier for me.

Honored Contributor

That's such a great feature.  

I love getting a text rather than logging in and looking at my account.

Seems like a short-sighted decision...

Valued Contributor

It seems the better the customer service from other online retailers, the less QVC provides. Most other shippers offer the option of tracking packages. Free or reduced shipping from other companies. Not charging more and or taking longer for packages to Alaska from other shippers.   I was looking back through my order history, and I used to order about once a week, or more, from QVC.  Now it is every three or four months.  And customer service is the main reason I rarely shop from QVC any longer. Too many better options for shopping. 

Honored Contributor

it doesnt bother me at all, although i know that some are upset about it.

i can go into my order history daily and look at what is going on. i get the facebook messenger messages for my orders. i also get emails regarding my orders. for me, three ways to get that information is plenty.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't give out my cell phone number, so it doesn't affect me.  But wouldn't an email be just as good?  I get email alerts for stuff like orders, orders shipped, etc.    You get those on your phone too, so it's just as good to check email on the phone as to check 'messages', no?  

I don't keep my phone on 24/7, as it seems most people do, but I have it on long enough during the day to get any emails from businesses about my orders and such.

Honored Contributor

A@Patsy06@chickenbutt@sunshine45@Day1128@Bri369

I get the shippers a bit confused; here is what I do know:

UPS will send you texts if you set up an account with them on their site. I needed to do this when (trying) to set up a “vacation hold.”

They are ok at holding the packages (so far) but not 

good at delivering after the end date. (Only once so 

far.)

Then, there’s the shipper they hand the packages off to: Mail Innovations and I don’t know who the others are.

So I guess the change in the texting rules is just not do-able?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

the information that i posted......my account status online, facebook messages, and emails are all via qvc.

i do also get ups and usps messages regarding ALL packages that i have coming to me from various companies, including qvc. those are from those individual companies.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Don't like the change.  

Honored Contributor

Moving backwards.