Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,713
Registered: ‎03-15-2021

After  mention of Newgistics in a recent post, I decided to find the ownership. It is Pitney Bowes. I then searched who owns Pitney Bowes. It is owned by several corporations. My fatigue is out of control. If someone wants to unravel this ownership chain, please take over the search.

 

I inserted the name DeJoy in one search. He owns XPO logistics who has a business relationship contract with the post office. Another search showed Newgistics and XPO on the same SEC filing, but I spaced out and was overwhelmed. If anyone is interested, please be my guest.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,933
Registered: ‎12-02-2013

@On It wrote:

After  mention of Newgistics in a recent post, I decided to find the ownership. It is Pitney Bowes. I then searched who owns Pitney Bowes. It is owned by several corporations. My fatigue is out of control. If someone wants to unravel this ownership chain, please take over the search.

 

I inserted the name DeJoy in one search. He owns XPO logistics who has a business relationship contract with the post office. Another search showed Newgistics and XPO on the same SEC filing, but I spaced out and was overwhelmed. If anyone is interested, please be my guest.


@On It 

 

Just searched who is head of USPS: Postmaster DeJoy !!!

 

Sounds like a major conflict of interest to me!  

 

Downgraded their service level since he has been there.  Is Newgistics any better ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,300
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@jlkz    Newgistics is a contractor for the USPS. They transport your QVC packages between post office and UPS locations.  They are extremely unethical.  I've wondered why the USPS puts up with them.  @On It  may have discovered the reason. 

 

Hard to believe Congress would allow DeJoy to have such a conflict of interest. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,439
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

@Kachina624 

@On It 

@jlkz 

 

I suggest you go to Wikipedia and read about Louis DeJoy, it certainly was an eye opener for me.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,510
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Newgistics Ownership

[ Edited ]

@jlkz wrote:

@On It wrote:

After  mention of Newgistics in a recent post, I decided to find the ownership. It is Pitney Bowes. I then searched who owns Pitney Bowes. It is owned by several corporations. My fatigue is out of control. If someone wants to unravel this ownership chain, please take over the search.

 

I inserted the name DeJoy in one search. He owns XPO logistics who has a business relationship contract with the post office. Another search showed Newgistics and XPO on the same SEC filing, but I spaced out and was overwhelmed. If anyone is interested, please be my guest.


@On It 

 

Just searched who is head of USPS: Postmaster DeJoy !!!

 

Sounds like a major conflict of interest to me!  

 

Downgraded their service level since he has been there.  Is Newgistics any better ?


@jlkz @On It There are others that think this way too, and not just on this board. I had done the same deep dive as On it did back when there were other posts about Newgistics.. then I did a deep dive into how a postmaster general is controlled and by who and the history of the office. I looked into DeJoy and continued my hunt. I realized just how much power and money are associated with this job. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,510
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Newgistics Ownership

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jlkz    Newgistics is a contractor for the USPS. They transport your QVC packages between post office and UPS locations.  They are extremely unethical.  I've wondered why the USPS puts up with them.  @On It  may have discovered the reason. 

 

Hard to believe Congress would allow DeJoy to have such a conflict of interest. 


@Kachina624 @When you look into postmaster generals, Congress has little control over them. They are controlled by a board. The U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors has sole authority to hire and fire the postmaster general, the highest position in the organization. DeJoy and his wife have between 30 and 70 million invested in assets considered to be USPS competitors. DeJoy is a CPA. The board members are in for seven year terms, down from nine year terms before Bush Sr. 

 

 

From Wikipedia:The board directs "the exercise of the power" of the Postal Service, controls its expenditures, and reviews its practices and policies.[3] It consists of 11 members; 6 are requisite to achieve an ordinary quorum. Of the 11 board members, 9 are the presidentially appointed governors, 1 is the postmaster general, and 1 is the deputy postmaster general. The 9 governors elect the postmaster general, the chairman of the board as well as the USPS inspector general; the governors and the postmaster general elect the deputy postmaster general. No more than five governors may belong to the same political party. The board also has the power to remove all of these officers.[4]

 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,300
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Newgistics Ownership

[ Edited ]

Louis DeJoy is what you get when graft and corruption are active and alive . 

 

"DeJoy is the first postmaster general in two decades without prior experience in the USPS. Controversially, his companies still hold active service contracts with the USPS." 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,713
Registered: ‎03-15-2021

@jlkz @mspatmac @Kachina624 @Mindy D Thank you for joining the research team. Your input certainly shed more light onto the situation. I know we need to pierce the ownership of the corporations who are listed as owners of Pitney Bowes and thus Newgistics. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day for me, and I can do more.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,300
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@On It    The trail of deception really doesn't matter because nobody is going to do anything about it. I'm sure the connections are well-known.  He and his operation were thoroughly investigated by a House committee several years ago.  The whole thing reeks of politics but has cost us taxpayers a bunch of money. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,892
Registered: ‎01-06-2015
The Board Of Governors is appointed by the President, with the advice and consent of the Senate.

DeJoy should not be in that job
"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"