Respected Contributor

DH & I signed up for Prime in August.  We don't buy a lot so aren't real knowledgeable.  So I have a question if someone could be good enough to assist.

I placed an order on the 10th, which was listed eligible for Amazon Prime and fulfilled by Amazon.  Now here is what is confusing. I elected to pay an additional small amount for expedited processing and shipping.  I have been tracking and it was supposed to be delivered by 8pm 12/13.  This morning I get an email from Amazon and UPS Quantum that there has been an exception because it missed getting on the plane out of UPS hub in Kentucky.  New delivery date is for 12/14 before 8pm.

So does Amazon Prime reimburse or credit the amount for expedited shipping when they can't deliver on time?  I am just curious.  

Respected Contributor

Re: New to Amazon...Question

@Allegheny wrote:

DH & I signed up for Prime in August.  We don't buy a lot so aren't real knowledgeable.  So I have a question if someone could be good enough to assist.

I placed an order on the 10th, which was listed eligible for Amazon Prime and fulfilled by Amazon.  Now here is what is confusing. I elected to pay an additional small amount for expedited processing and shipping.  I have been tracking and it was supposed to be delivered by 8pm 12/13.  This morning I get an email from Amazon and UPS Quantum that there has been an exception because it missed getting on the plane out of UPS hub in Kentucky.  New delivery date is for 12/14 before 8pm.

So does Amazon Prime reimburse or credit the amount for expedited shipping when they can't deliver on time?  I am just curious.  

In my experience, they will refund the expedited shipping and possibly even extend your Prime membership by a month.  That's what they did for me in the same situation.  Email customer service and describe your problem.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer

Thank you Isobel.  Seems the older I get, things just get more complicated.  So much to read and wade through.

I had an issue with them last week.  We ordered a percolator and it was defective.  Worked with customer service regarding the return.  All was well until I noticed my refund was applied to a gift card when it was supposed to be refunded to my method of payment.  When I called, customer service rep said a mistake was made when the refund was processed and it could not be changed.

After thinking about it, that didn't sound right.  So I when I entered my review and rating on line I made mention of this situation.  Within several seconds of hitting "submit" my phone rang.  The CS reps' supervisor advised me that she would be able to remove the funds off the gift card and apply it to my original method of payment.  Excellent customer service I must say.  

Frequent Contributor

I have found that Amazon has excellent customer service. I have Prime because I buy a fairly large quantity from Amazon and therefore I think the $99 service pays off. I like that you can get the prime items in about 2 or 3 days without shipping.  It works for me.

Honored Contributor

JUST KNOW , i have heard of e-mails being sent ,that are fake,go to amazon sign in ,and check,to be safe.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Yes, thank you @goldensrbest.  I remember hearing about that.  I am overly cautious.  I know some people who have been affected by that.  Its a real shame there are so many scammers out there.