Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Witchy Womanbought a sheet of gorgeous cactus flowers this week.  I use the whimsical for greetings cards, flags for the few business items I still mail. 

Really love the Forever stamp concept, especially when I misplace some for a few months -- or longer!

i purchased the cactus stamps a few days ago. so  pretty!

i dont usually purchase the flag stamps......i usually go for a stamp that really catches your eye or makes you want to learn more about the subject.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think the Bush stamp is a very good likeness of him. Sometimes they are not very flattering of former presidents or other famous people. I do like the colorful, seasonal stamps. I don’t use very many stamps now so like the ones I buy to be a little different and fun.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@Witchy Womanbought a sheet of gorgeous cactus flowers this week.  I use the whimsical for greetings cards, flags for the few business items I still mail. 

Really love the Forever stamp concept, especially when I misplace some for a few months -- or longer!

i purchased the cactus stamps a few days ago. so  pretty!

i dont usually purchase the flag stamps......i usually go for a stamp that really catches your eye or makes you want to learn more about the subject.

@sunshine45  @millieshops 

Another cactus flower stamp purchaser....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess Our local newspaper had an enlarged pic of the Bush stamp and I didn’t think it looked like him.

Guess it’s all in the interpretation! 😊

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh I think the release date is because President Bush's birthday was that date in 1924.

Honored Contributor

Re: New stamp release

[ Edited ]

What an honor and it is so life like.  He looks wonderful in it.  However, the downside is when you receive an envelope with his stamp and the post office as put their own date stamp across his face.  I hope he, Barbara and Robin are having a fine time together.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I saw the cactus flower stamps today - they are quite pretty.  But not enough for me to purchase at the new postage rate, since I'm well stocked from before the rate went up in January.

Respected Contributor

My sister gave me a nice sheet of John Lennon stamps

Honored Contributor

I saw this on the news the other night-I thought the pic wasn't quite accurate but probably because it was enlarged.

Looking at it on the post office website, it is very true to life, imo.

Plus I think some are remembering him in his last days so that could account for a distorted view of the stamp.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Just saw the Hot Wheels stamps.

How many of those cars DS had!  (And still does)

Plus they were a big thing with DH and grandson when he was little.  Always had to get a new one when the two of them would be out and about.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh