Valued Contributor

I saw this in my local online neighhood post and thought it was worth sharing...

3508219A-C322-4265-A4F4-3E86B4B93D46.jpeg

Honored Contributor

A person can never go wrong being kind.  I don't ever remember anyone saying, "Dang I shouldn't have been so kind".....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@simplyfriends   Perfectly put.Thank you!!

Esteemed Contributor

Clearly stated. We are all going to go forward differently and at different speeds. 🙏❤️

Honored Contributor

I agree, kindness can go a long way. 

But this mask thing is getting to me. 

Went to Sams Club early this morning, had to stand in line outside, I'd say 50 people. The ones behind us no mask, coughing, and not the 6 feet away 

As things open up, I'm not going to be kind about this kind of behavior for very long. To me, if you want respect, you give respect. If you want kindness, you give kindness. 

I really don't want to see the government say we have to wear a mask, but I want the businesses to mandate them, or should I say I will tend to frequent businesses that do more than those that don't.

I don't intend to be in public all that much when things open, and a few weeks ago, people were being really distant and respectful. But every time I go out, I seem more and more people, less and less distancing, fewer masks many places, and more groups of families with five or six in a group, including little kids and babies all with no masks. It really varies by place, the level of mask wearing.

I really don't care about them getting sick, if they don't care about getting sick, but I care about me and those I have to interact with, like my elderly mom. 

I just think kindness needs to be the first line of action, but this not keeping the distance, and not protecting others with masks isn't sitting well with me.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I agree, kindness can go a long way. 

But this mask thing is getting to me. 

Went to Sams Club early this morning, had to stand in line outside, I'd say 50 people. The ones behind us no mask, coughing, and not the 6 feet away 

As things open up, I'm not going to be kind about this kind of behavior for very long. To me, if you want respect, you give respect. If you want kindness, you give kindness. 

I really don't want to see the government say we have to wear a mask, but I want the businesses to mandate them, or should I say I will tend to frequent businesses that do more than those that don't.

I don't intend to be in public all that much when things open, and a few weeks ago, people were being really distant and respectful. But every time I go out, I seem more and more people, less and less distancing, fewer masks many places, and more groups of families with five or six in a group, including little kids and babies all with no masks. It really varies by place, the level of mask wearing.

I really don't care about them getting sick, if they don't care about getting sick, but I care about me and those I have to interact with, like my elderly mom. 

I just think kindness needs to be the first line of action, but this not keeping the distance, and not protecting others with masks isn't sitting well with me.

@Mominohio , This is my issue, where is the kindness when people defiantly ignore the wear a mask and social distancing rules ?  Respect goes both ways.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@simplyfriends 

I just wondered what your take is on wearing masks because your post says some will wear masks for weeks or months?    I don't think anyone is saying that wearing masks is going to go away in a couple of months.  plus to me wearing masks and social distancing is a way of lessening the effect of a 2nd wave.   

Honored Contributor

Re: New normal... be kind

[ Edited ]

@simplyfriends wrote:

I saw this in my local online neighhood post and thought it was worth sharing...

Be kind--and assertive at the same time when needed. Being kind doesn't mean letting people push you around or invade your personal space.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@lovescats   my take on masks is that I wear one whenever I go out and will continue for as long as there is a threat of getting the virus. I am working from home and only go out rarely. I reposted something I saw online. I don't want to start anything about the length of time people should wear masks if that's what you're suggesting I was doing 

Esteemed Contributor

Masks are necessary if you're going to be less than 6 feet from someone.When I go out walking, or in my car I don't wear a mask. When I run into the market or the pharmacy etc. I put my mask on.