Honored Contributor

Re: New(ish) Policies at Kohls

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@hgsuddle wrote:

I do understand that it is the vendor that is forcing the retailer to set the exclusions policies.  Kohls never did that before.  No offense to Kohls, but they are not a high quality department store. Higher than Walmart, yes, but not Macy's.  

I find it interesting that for those of us who have computers are able to find such "excluded" items on the manufacturer's website for a tremendous discount, but no where else.  Sure pays to search the web these days - unless one has a need for an item NOW.

As for Kohls cash, it is just a gimmick to get you back in the store.  I will say though I did get my new kitchen glasses for free last month because of the Cash.  Didn't pay a penny. Once they stop allowing us to use the Cash any time at all regardless of dates, I will surely be done with Kohls.

@hgsuddle

Do you mean as in expired Kohl's Cash?  My store will not let me use expired Kohl's Cash coupons.  The manager told me it's up to the individual store's manager.

I know one of the store managers.   She has seen me in her store for years.  She's told me the new policy is that she can't make exceptions.  She let me early on once or twice, but she told me no more expired Kohls coupons for anyone.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I try to order online, usually items I'm looking for clothing wise, are sold out. Our store is a mess as well. They carry little stock, so they're always sold out of most sizes and it's totally unorganized. I don't have the time or desire to go through everything in there. I noticed some of their policies when I tried to buy a Nike item over a year ago, which ended up being a total waste of a trip to the store.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@colliemom4 wrote:

When I try to order online most items I'm looking for clothing wise, are sold out. Our store is a mess as well. They carry little stock, so they're always sold out of most sizes and it's totally unorganized. I don't have the time or desire to go through everything in there. I noticed some of their policies when I tried to buy a Nike item over a year ago which ended up being a total waste of a trip to the store.

I agree.

I still go there for bras with a 30% off coupon or, perhaps Hallmark cards.

I used to be able to find some cute Vera tops and camis, and now...not so much.  The leggings stretch out and I have a lot of sleepwear so I don't need to buy anymore from Kohls.  I do also buy a few of those soft robes that are lightweight for Xmas gifts.  Those are usually really nice and comparable in value to Macy's that are twice the price until they get marked down after Xmas.

I don't use the Kohls cash as if I return my original item that I bought whereby they gave me Kohls cash, they deduct it from my refund.  Since I sometimes used Kohls cash just to use it up, it's not worth it now due to the deduction.  I liked it when they gave us a merchandise credit off the original order.  

The exclusions and messy store bother me too, but I have seen a few nice Kohls.

Regular Contributor

I have had no problems using expired Kohls cash.

Respected Contributor

I was told that certain companies was not aware that Kohl's was allowing significant discounts on their items. 

Nike, Levi's, K-Cups pretty much have a standard price point that are not discountable by the Company. A few exceptions such as clearance prices where they were brinign in new styles...as well as a few other exclusions that they give some retailers like Macy's a couple times a year.

I miss the discount on Nike's..but I do go to Burlington Coat Factory as well as Marshalls/TJ Max and find them much cheaper for kids..who cares if they are "last seaons.." lol..

It makes me laugh that people get upset that they can't use expired Kohls Cash...why would you expect someplace to take expired anything? Bed Bath and Beyond due as they know their prices are higher due to the coupons lol.

I know my prices and shop accordingly lol..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hgsuddle wrote:

May I ask where you live?

It's been a long time since the Kohls in our area have taken expired coupons or Kohls Cash.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I bought a Columbia jacket and a pair of Columbia Ugg-type boots there last year in the same shopping trip. I got 30% off the jacket but not the boots. What???

@MaggieMack, Having worked in retail, I can tell you that the jacket was probably headed to clearance where as the boots were current stock.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CouponQueen wrote:

I was told that certain companies was not aware that Kohl's was allowing significant discounts on their items. 

Nike, Levi's, K-Cups pretty much have a standard price point that are not discountable by the Company. A few exceptions such as clearance prices where they were brinign in new styles...as well as a few other exclusions that they give some retailers like Macy's a couple times a year.

I miss the discount on Nike's..but I do go to Burlington Coat Factory as well as Marshalls/TJ Max and find them much cheaper for kids..who cares if they are "last seaons.." lol..

It makes me laugh that people get upset that they can't use expired Kohls Cash...why would you expect someplace to take expired anything? Bed Bath and Beyond due as they know their prices are higher due to the coupons lol.

I know my prices and shop accordingly lol..

Keurig K-cups are discounted in many, many places online and in b&m stores. The K-cups are discounted every day in BBB. The Keurig machines, including the newest, are also *heavily* discounted, including on QVC and elsewhere. lol

I know my facts and post accordingly. lol

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@hgsuddle wrote:

May I ask where you live?

It's been a long time since the Kohls in our area have taken expired coupons or Kohls Cash.

I'm also wondering!