Occasional Contributor

I wasn't able to watch for a while so I was really surprised when I saw all that kissing and sweet word going around.  David V is the worst, Sharon F kisses everything around her.  Is it me, or is this normal. To me it is sickening.

Honored Contributor

Two threads on the same subject?  Cut and paste, in fact.  Why?

Occasional Contributor

Tried to get rid of the kissing one but didn't know how.  Sorry.

Honored Contributor

There are other things that some of the hosts do that bother me more.

Honored Contributor

This comment is slightly off subject but tangential.

I dislike when a female host goes on and one about how cute a male on the program is - either a vendor or a crew member who walks out for a moment.  That's really inappropriate.  If the men hosts were doing that with women vendors or crew members, a lot more people would find it offensive.  I find it offensive  in the workplace to be commenting on people's looks and attractiveness and "cuteness", dimples, whatever.  The females should not be allowed to do that to the males and vice versa.

Honored Contributor

@jph wrote:

Tried to get rid of the kissing one but didn't know how.  Sorry.

No problem.  Sometimes posters get really irked about something and post it under multiple headings.

PS  I agree with you. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@jph wrote:

I wasn't able to watch for a while so I was really surprised when I saw all that kissing and sweet word going around.  David V is the worst, Sharon F kisses everything around her.  Is it me, or is this normal. To me it is sickening.

I absolutely agree.  I know DV is from the South, and I know many Southern women who use a lot of "sweetie, honey, love" stuff.  I'm also from the South and I try not to let myself slip iinto this too often. I have one woman friend who drives me nuts with this. Admittedly I don't spend as much time with her as I would otherwise.  But I have never seen any man (Southern or otherwise) fall into this pattern, and honestly I find it almost a "put down" when I hear a man uses those syrupy words..  Makes me really uncomfortable and reeks of insincerity.

I have to admit I haven't seen Sharon in months, and I don't watch ITKWKD. So I am no expert on either. I just know what I like and what drives me to the remote.

Honored Contributor

Re: New greetings?

[ Edited ]

If you find it sickening, then why do you continue to watch?

Yes, it is normal for a lot of people.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I have to laugh at  the attention given to Liam when he is on.

I know he is nice looking but...lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I think all the kissy-face stuff on QVC is disgusting.  These hosts have business relationships with the vendors but the way they act, you'd think they were long lost kin.  You don't see that on other channels.  Very unprofessional.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment