Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I did make them once. Dried them well and they never got crunchy.  Bummer.

@Noel7- me too! I followed the recipe exactly, but they never got totally dried out. They were just disgusting. FEH!

That's so weird.

Open can. Drain chickpeas. Dry chickpeas. Bake 30-45 min. Boom.

It's like...baking a potato.

The World's simplest 'recipe'.

Oh, please 🙄Look up the word 'variables'.

Valued Contributor

@michigangirl723 wrote:

@Quse Yes, I love candied pecans on salads! I make my own...we use them just as a yummy snack, on salads, on baked apples, ice cream, etc! I even give it away as Christmas gifts! It's super easy and makes your house smell so yummy. Below is the recipe in case you want to try....

Ingredients:

4    cups whole pecans

1    cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1     tsp sea salt
1/2  tsp ground nutmeg

1    egg white
1    tbsp filtered water

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (they will stick if you don't..plus easier clean up!)

In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Seal tightly and shake to combine.

In a second gallon size Ziploc bag, combine 1 egg white with 1 tbsp filtered water. After sealing, squish until frothy, about 20 – 30 seconds.

Add pecans to the frothy egg white bag. Seal and shake well until nuts are evenly coated.

Pour egg-coated nuts into the bag with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Seal and shake again until all nuts are coated.

Pour nuts onto the lined baking sheet.

Place sheet into 250 degree oven and bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent nuts from burning.

@michigangirl723 These are good. I have made this (or a similar recipe) in the past and they are so much better than store bought. I added these to a pecan turtle recipe to make candies one year for gifts (as I had 11 pounds of ghiradelli dark chocolate to use up...don't ask) I had people telling me they were the best candy they ever had and wanted more..when I looked for the chocolate though, they didn't make it anymore. There were some sad friends.

Chocolate...it's kind of like salad..cocoa beans grow..kind of like vegetables. Smiley LOL

Regular Contributor

@Quse Wow! I never thought to put them in turtles....that sounds amazing! Going to need to try that out this year! 

Haha...love your justification about cocoa beans! I prefer dark chocolate, so I figure it's like a vitamin bc of the antioxidants in itSmiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I did make them once. Dried them well and they never got crunchy.  Bummer.

@Noel7 With my oven I have to cook longer than most recipes require. Usually I'll try one at the recommended time, if it's still chewy, back in they go!

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I like the won ton strips myself. 

@jaxs mom  I love them, too. I purchase the wonton sheets, cut them in strips w/ pizza cutter, season w/ Parmesan cheese or Italian seasonings and bake them on cookie sheet sprayed w/ PAM.... 375 until brown & crispy. I store them in an airtight container for at least a week.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus that is a great idea...I am going to steal it.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Shanus that is a great idea...I am going to steal it.

@dex  Help yourself to the idea. I'm not it's mine. I've been making them for a long time and may have seen it in a cookbook or magazine. Enjoy!