Respected Contributor

@mspatmac 

"While both the Post and the News are categorized as tabloids they are as trustworthy as the WP and NY Times and that's not saying much."

Oh no it's not the same as the NYT and WP.  It's a tabloid like the National Enquirer and the like.  It's owned by Rupert Murdoch , for crying out loud.  It's down there with his other thing:  FOX 'news'.  Print it whether it's true or not entertainment, not news.

Respected Contributor

The NY Post is NOT like the National Enquirer!  It is a newpaper that does cover the news and for all five burroughs of New York as well.  It has legitimite writers as well as columnists.  It has a very good sports section as well.  It's gossip section is called page six.  It is a well rounded news publication and leans toward the conservative side in it's opinions.

It is known for it's attention grabbing front page and headlines ever since taken over by Murdock.  I cannot say I agree with their opinions at times but it is not considered to be in the same category as the National Enquirer.

It is not on the same level as NY Times or Wall Street Journal and has been for the "working man".

New York was at one time, a newspaper town:  The Times, The Journal American, The Herald Tribune, The Daily Mirror, The Daily News, The Village Voice, The Wall Street Journal, The Post.  These were the city papers but those days have passed and now television news is king.  

I might not like the NY Post but it is not anywhere near the level as The National Enquirer which is a low as you can get............

Honored Contributor

No, it's kind of like the Enquirer  I don't think they do in depth investigation before printing.  There might be a whisper of truth in some stories,, then The rest is just innuendo  but I haven't read it in a while, as it is a waste of time.  

Honored Contributor

Really depends on which side of the fence you're on.

I stopped buying newspapers about the same time I stopped tuning into T V news.

Post isn't as bad as the TImes.  But the NY Sun is better.

Esteemed Contributor

The New York Post & The Daily News are rags. Sometimes they print a reliable story.More times than not they sensationalize to attract attention.Newsday & the New York Times are the more distinguished newspapers.

Honored Contributor

Neither of the New York Post stories that posters referenced here this morning have been verified or reported by any other source that I could find.  I'm especially mystified by the story suggesting the coronavirus uses the same pathway as ACE Inhibitors, possibly making their users more susceptible to the disease.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Didn't the New York Post write a story about the  alien mermaid that had a baby with a human?  They had pictures of the baby, so you know it was true

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I don't think it depends on which side of the fence one is on.  Journalistic excellence is a hard and talented job, with a tough as nails involved, educated editor.  Good writing is good writing no matter what side of the fence you are on.  There are plenty of publications with the political bend of the Post that are excellent papers.  I may not agree with them on content always, but they write it truthfully, skillfully and educate you no matter what you think  I read all kinds of publications.  But they have to be factual and gifted.  The NYT is one of those papers.  go beyond the front paper news and there is a whole  world of in depth  articles that are wonderful.    I just read one about the loneliest frog in the world.  The last frog of his breed, and from what they studied the only kind.  So how did he get here?    I mean,  I didn't know they lived so long!  Good story

Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal couldn't disagree with you more.  NYT is completely  driven to represent only 1 political party as is the WP.  The articles I see keep the truth from readers.  I say this repectfully to you.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

As you can see, I am on the opposite coast.  But to answer your question:  No, The New York Post is basically sensational trash and often promotes conspiracty theories.