Honored Contributor

I just read they are going to cordon off Times Square with garbage trucks NYE to thwart the kind of attacks they had in Germany and France. They are also  taking precautions in NOLA

I'm glad  they are being proactive

I hope we can manage to see the new year in, without any violence

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manhattan/garbage-trucks-line-times-square-thwart-new-year-terro...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Years Eve precautions

For any major event NY City seal all the street man hole covers - position sharp shooters  (high power rifles)  on roofs, etc.   The trucks are being added.    It will still be safer and more comfortable- and warmer - on your sofa with your feet up & a bathroom close by and a glass of cheer at your ready!

Happy New Year!

Esteemed Contributor

Similar precautions are planned in Chicago and most likely other major US cities.  The last thing we need is outside forces inflicting chaos.  

On a different level, but a security issue nonetheless is the behavior of some of our own people.  I'm outraged by the actions of the thugs in malls across the country on the day after Christmas.  These thugs put thousands of people in danger by brawling, looting, and the disruption to the businesses in those malls.

Respected Contributor

You couldn't pay me to be out in those kinds of crowds on NYE

I truly hope everyone stays safe 

Honored Contributor

@bri20  I would never get in any crowd, at anytime ,that  big. But, I'm sure it will still be packed with  people celebrating.  I just hope they are safe

Respected Contributor

@cherry, I hope so too. 

Honored Contributor

I won't be going anywhere this year for new years eve. We are sitting one of the grandkids so mom-dad can attend a party.

I am more content to stay home, take a warm shower, put on my warm pj's, watch old movies on t.v.. That is my idea of a party. It is quiet, can relax and enjoy my grandson.

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923Right there with you! Love being in my PJs, crocheting, with my fur babies.

Relaxed and fun.

Respected Contributor

We are doing that exact same thing, having our baby grandson over night. Nice and warm and safe and sound, and of course a few munchies.

Honored Contributor

standard for NYC 

I live close and it's always on the news, so we don't pay much attention here.

why anyone would want to go to Times Sq and stand there for hours is beyond me. You are penned like a aminal, can't eat or leave