Valued Contributor

:womanvery-happy:

Thanks for the laugh, @PickyPicky3 !

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Re: New WalmartSpeak

[ Edited ]

This isn't nice, but don't ya wonder if the pajama wearing shoppers at Walmart even care?  I'm telling ya, last night DH and I ran to a Walmart we never go to for a couple of things. This location was more convenient to two other stores we needed to go to. I was in jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt with an opened flannel over it, and I was on third day hair. I also had on a lightweight puffer jacket from Costco.  I was clean, had makeup on and earrings in, but in no way did I feel dressed up.  Inside Walmart all I saw was people who seemed they couldn't care less about their appearance.  🤦‍♀️

Respected Contributor

Yes, the lid has been raised a bit on the meaning of my post.

But there is a second layer there. Obscure, but there nonetheless.

I have added items to my order many times, but this response is new to me. It's the second layer that caused me to send a feedback message to Walmart.

Until tomorrow night........

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3     So are you going to let us in on the joke tonight because I still don't see the big deal on the reply from Walmart? 

Respected Contributor

I think the OP was commenting on the rather formal business language used for something as mundane as a grocery order update. 

Respected Contributor

I get her comment but I guess I didn't see the ha ha moment. I'm sure it's something they have to disclose now because someone somewhere decided to sue Walmart over changing their order. 

Respected Contributor

Sorry for the delay...

It's been over 25 years since American commerce removed legalese from simple messages like this. So when I saw it, it just seemed ridiculous. I can't even remember what the old order change message used to say.

But it's not just the legalese -- it's wrong. The message showed the items I added and a listing of my complete order. It's not an overview. So it can't possibly be an updated overview. I revised my order only once, even though I added two items. There were never two revisions. 

My take on this is that the task of rewording the change confirmation was given to an intern -- someone who had grown up without legalese. He or she thought it was a great idea to write it like this. Something new! The giveaway is the incorrect use of overview.

Well, it's not the first time I thought something was really funny and hardly anybody else did. You don't hit a home run every time at bat.