Honored Contributor

I do not have Prime but I shop on Amazon often.  You have be careful about pricing.  I recently ordered some shoes and I noticed the navy was one price and the pewter was another price (ridiculously cheap).  I ordered the navy and also the pewter.  I went back in a few days later the pewter was $70 more than I paid for them.  I have also noticed shampoo and hair gel being much higher than other websties.  They are great for hard to find items.  

Honored Contributor

Amazon should be named the eighth wonder of the world. Truly an amazing place to shop.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I do not have Prime but I shop on Amazon often.  You have be careful about pricing.  I recently ordered some shoes and I noticed the navy was one price and the pewter was another price (ridiculously cheap).  I ordered the navy and also the pewter.  I went back in a few days later the pewter was $70 more than I paid for them.  I have also noticed shampoo and hair gel being much higher than other websties.  They are great for hard to find items.  

Prime Free 30 days trial, Concerning beauty care Walgreens earn extra points with every purchase. Not one to simply spend, Always been cautious. Which lead to early retirement. Looking forward to shopping for needed items and great price points.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity@SilleeMee

I have needed free one day shipping and they delivered on the promise! 

I knew I was spending more when I did this.

Their pricing is so up-to-the-minute, I am guessing, that their systems run price checks minute to minute, probably especially on weekends.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Amazon's strength is in the incredible variety of merchandise available... A lesson a certain TV based home shopping enitity needs to take to heart... instead of continuing to narrow down and showing the same things over and over in a never-ending loop... And now on three channels... all showing those same things over and over... in that same never-ending loop... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

whenever I've dealt with Amazon customer service it's been outstanding. Love Amazon.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I joined Amazon Prime in October last year when they ran a $79 deal for new members who had not ever used a thirty day free trial. I used it a lot for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's things and order lots of stuff for myself, my pets, etc. I'll pay ninety-nine dollars or more if it has gone up when it's time to renew.

Respected Contributor

I love Amazon! This is going to sound silly....but in addition to whatever I have bought, I always get a kick when venders use their local newspapers to fill dead space-it's a glimpse into their world. The postage stamps are always fascinating as well!

I order a lot of specialty foods: I don't think any chain could possibly offer as many choices either.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

"New to Amazon"? In 2017? That is truly amazing. I think the Yanamamo beat you to it.

I was with Amazon by 1996, because they sent me a happy new year present for 1997 that I still have. I remember when they were just books.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@DiAnne  I have come across this once in a while. I think it might have to do with some colors being more popular.  It depends upon the seller trying to reduce inventory, too.

We all like Amazon in our family and it's nice that a Prime member can add others to his/her account.

Somebody also mentioned CD's-Amazon is great for hard to find music that Barnes & Noble doesn't seem to have anymore.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh