Honored Contributor

Re: New 'Sloping' Toilets...

To give you an idea about how I don’t get...well...stuff...I kept thinking it was saying slop...you know slop?

I couldn’t figure out where toilets came into it.

But I still don’t understand why a toilet seat that goes downward would make you want to get back to work?

I wonder who thought that one up?

@Susan Louise  I’m glad I stopped working in 1973...Ha!

I guess eventually everyone will be wearing diapers so no toilet breaks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

A few years ago I had an idea about inventing a toilet that aids in colon cancer prevention and it would be made whereby the person would sit in a position such as we are when we squat.  The body was made to squat with bowel movements.  We are more and more recognizing that lying on a gurney is not the best way for child delivery and sitting on a toilet is not the best way for that business.  So, if you were in a squatting position with the rear slung low, sotospeak, it would be more conducive to elimination as the colon is in a natural position.  This toilet is just the opposite and could create more worries of colon cancer and job resignations.

You're talking about the Squatty-Potty (as seen on Shark Tank!)

squatty.jpg

I don't remember which investor bought into the step stool in front of a toilet seat, did it actually become a big seller?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

A few years ago I had an idea about inventing a toilet that aids in colon cancer prevention and it would be made whereby the person would sit in a position such as we are when we squat.  The body was made to squat with bowel movements.  We are more and more recognizing that lying on a gurney is not the best way for child delivery and sitting on a toilet is not the best way for that business.  So, if you were in a squatting position with the rear slung low, sotospeak, it would be more conducive to elimination as the colon is in a natural position.  This toilet is just the opposite and could create more worries of colon cancer and job resignations.

You're talking about the Squatty-Potty (as seen on Shark Tank!)

squatty.jpg

I don't remember which investor bought into the step stool in front of a toilet seat, did it actually become a big seller?

I believe that Lori Granier invested in the company, and I think that it has been presented on QVC.

Big seller? 

I honestly don't know.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@shoekitty 

@shoekitty wrote:

This is my number one pet peeve.

Clever! I see what you did there Smiley Very Happy

Our office building has the auto-flush toilets. They are supposed to flush once you move--but I swear those things have a mind of their own. If you don't move quickly it's not pleasant.  

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

I saw that earlier in the week and I laughed so hard. Boy what people don't think of. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma We have a squatty potty in one of the bathrooms....had it for years.  Healthier way to take care of your business.  

Super Contributor

If employers start putting these new toilets in the workplace then employees should stop answering phone calls or emails during their free time. My husband answer emails and does work from home on his free time. Even on vacation he has done the same. So if his bosses would do that I would advice it's time to move on.

Esteemed Contributor

I once worked for a company that would love these. This company made us account for every minute of every day on a spreadsheet. And that included bathroom breaks. The spreadsheet had to total 8 working hours per day or else. My boss monitored potty breaks and if she decided you were spending to much time in the bathroom you were given a talking to. Glad I no longer work there.

Honored Contributor

@Nbo wrote:

If employers start putting these new toilets in the workplace then employees should stop answering phone calls or emails during their free time. My husband answer emails and does work from home on his free time. Even on vacation he has done the same. So if his bosses would do that I would advice it's time to move on.

If your husband is salaried, that's different.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I once worked for a company that would love these. This company made us account for every minute of every day on a spreadsheet. And that included bathroom breaks. The spreadsheet had to total 8 working hours per day or else. My boss monitored potty breaks and if she decided you were spending to much time in the bathroom you were given a talking to. Glad I no longer work there.

I worked for a company for 25 years that did this.  When we left our desk, we had to put in a code in our phone to show where we were and that code also turned on the voice mail. Heavens forbid if your phone was ringing off of the hook and you weren't there to answer it.

There were codes for break, lunch, restroom, copy machine, meetings, etc.  Your boss could see in real time if you were at your desk. Also, could see how many calls you made outgoing and how many incoming and the number and who it belonged to.

I never had any issues, but others did.  I once had a cubby mate who was on the phone  with her boyfriend for eight hours or more a week.  When she was called out for that and told to stop making long personal calls during work hours and to use her breaks/lunch for personal calls, she got a device that she could wear behind her ear and used her personal cell phone.  She had thick almost waist length hair and hid it well. She was on the phone all day long.

There were coworkers that were let go for wasting company time.  It is amazing how little work ethic some people have.

I think the phones were better at employee time management than the leaning toilets seats.

I also think that five minutes on the toilet is long enough for most employees.  Most people do their " morning glory" at home and only use the toilet at work if there is an emergency or unexpected problem.

These special toilets could not be used in the handicapped stalls, so anyone who had a special need for more than five minutes could always use those.