Honored Contributor

What Life Was Like 50 Years Ago Compared to Now

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/did-you-know/what-life-was-like-50-years-ago-compared-to-now/ss-...

This click through is fast. I found it fun....nothing new to me, but made me realize how much things have changed in 50 years....can not imagine how things will be in another 50.... of course that will not be something I will experience 🙁

Honored Contributor

Re: What Life Was Like 50 Years Ago Compared to Now

Well hopefully in the next 50 years, MSM will remove the

enticing headline story w/ a 'click to continue' type of stories.

This one?

65 slides? Each one a click....65 views.

No thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

I loved it.  

Respected Contributor

I used to tell my history teacher friend that schools should teach a history class 1950 to present. Think of the changes in medicine(waiting in line for polio sugar cubes), geography, transportation, communications, so many things. 

I didn't really understand the WWII generation until my dad had passed. Wish the younger generation understood the Baby Boomers reather than just "OK Boomer"

Esteemed Contributor

I was a kid, but as I remember, it was pretty much a white man's world. Our country was recovering from WW2, Korean War, in the throws of Viet Nam. Endured tragic assasinations. A decade of change. Life is better for women now and technology is our new world. People have more career and lifestyle options. We still have work to do on cultural understandings, IMO. Politics hasn't changed that much. For many Americans, devotion to political party is as strong as devotion to religious groups. This is one person's opinion. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau