Esteemed Contributor

early November will be our 30th wedding anniversary. the hubby and I haven't gone anywhere fun in ages and we've decided to make our anniversary an excuse for a weekend away. New Orleans is within driving distance ( it's about a 3 hr. drive) so we're thinking about arriving late Friday morning and staying until Sunday morning.

money is not unlimited, so we want to stay in a very nice but not extravagantly expensive place. we would like to be in the city ( and in a safe area), within walking distance of nice restaurants and shops if possible. we like art, interesting museums, history. we've been to N. O. years ago, but really know nothing about the city.

I would really appreciate some suggestions from those of you who know New Orleans. it's really hard to know where to go, where to stay, where to eat, etc. when you're on a budget, have a short time to be there and don't know the city.

I want to start doing some research and making some plans, so help me out please!

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich