Honored Contributor

I opened FB earlier today and the first headline I saw in my newsfeed was "New Jersey is the most hated state in the U.S."

At first I didn't think I could read it so I quickly exited out.  Then, a little braver, I went back ten minutes later and it was gone from my newsfeed.

I was born here and have lived here all of my life.  I love my state for many, many reasons.  It is not perfect, but no state is perfect.

Frankly, I know it is ridiculed . . . but "hated?" 

Any "Jersey Girls" out there who saw this?  Do you feel like weeping, as I did? 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

They are notoriously bad drivers...but I don't hate the state.

ETA... and RUDE!

http://www.trentonian.com/opinion/20150707/jeff-edelstein-most-americans-hate-new-jersey-most-americ...

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor
Although relocated always in my heart Jersey Girl and that moron Jeff Edelman is with the rag paper The Trentonian!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

ETA... and RUDE!

http://www.trentonian.com/opinion/20150707/jeff-edelstein-most-americans-hate-new-jersey-most-americ...

You're kidding, right?

Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Political.

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't NJ have really high taxes? Perhaps that's what they're referring to,.

Trusted Contributor

PA girl but spent most of my summers as a child/teen in Gilford Park/Ortley Beach and Ocean City. Still go to the beach whenever I can.

So much to "hate" about NJ. Beautiful beaches and lakes. Springsteen and BonJovi. Jersey tomatos and corn and blueberries. Close proximity to NYC and Philly. Four Seasons.  Yep, lots of reasons to "hate" NJ.

I guess no one asked you or me when they did that survey.

Cindy

Respected Contributor

Hated?  I don't think so, it's FB and anyone can say anything, true or not.  I'm sure NJ is a very fine state but I don't think people think about it enough to hate it.  Maybe....New Yorkers.   But if I had to list the states I hated or loved; NJ wouldn't make either list.  It's not a state I think about. 

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

PA girl but spent most of my summers as a child/teen in Gilford Park/Ortley Beach and Ocean City. Still go to the beach whenever I can.

So much to "hate" about NJ. Beautiful beaches and lakes. Springsteen and BonJovi. Jersey tomatos and corn and blueberries. Close proximity to NYC and Philly. Four Seasons.  Yep, lots of reasons to "hate" NJ.

I guess no one asked you or me when they did that survey.

Cindy

Thank you so much!!  I'm still trying to find where that came from.  I hope it appears on my FB again, there's so much I want to "comment" about!!  Your description fits the bill!!

By the way, we are Flyers fans!!  Love our Ron Hextall!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

ETA... and RUDE!

You're kidding, right?

If Jeff Edelstein is a good representative of your state's population, then I'd say rude too.  Is the guy supposed to be funny along the lines of Don Rickles?  If not, he alone could account for NJ getting the bad rap!