Trusted Contributor

I'm not a Jersey girl and have only driven through the state, but NJ is beautiful, from what I saw. Besides, it's ridiculous to hate a state. Don't take the stuff you see on FB too seriously. There is a lot of nonsense floating around the internet. 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I'm from Central NJ and saw the article, I laughed at it. However I do agree about the drivers, anyone who can navigate safely the Turnpike, Parkway, Routes 80, 280, 78, 287 and 22 is a pro.

I hate those roads too, especially the NJ Turnpike.  I have seen so many bad accidents on that road.  The Parkway isn't so bad because there are no trucks allowed.

Where did you see the article?  I'm still trying to find it. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Born and raised in CT.  Vacationed in NJ and took day trips to Ikea and Atlantic City.  Also took many road trips driving through the state on the Jersey turnpike.  Don't hate Jersey.  Don't like the Jersey turnpike.

Honored Contributor

There are so many judgments that I'm not aware of by not being on fb.

Honored Contributor

Finally found the article (Google, of course).  I have shortcutted it on my desktop and after spending some time with my little daughter (she's been gone all day) will add my comments to the many positive comments this article engendered.

Thank you again everyone!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

I know it's been a long time, but I can remember some great times at Wildwood, New Jersey when I was in my early 20's!! Happy smiley animated emoticon

Perhaps we know each other.  LOL  Some of the best times of my life were spent at the Jersey Shore, but that's another story.

I don't hate any of our states.  We're all one nation.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Ford, don't give the columnist a second thought.   You and so many other posters, who KNOW Jersey, described the great state we live in.   I would not want to live anywhere else.

Is any state perfect? No! 

There are many polls being taken because of the upcoming elections.   Jersey has more of a spotlight on it because of Gov. Christie running for POTUS.  If anyone thinks he represents Jersey, and I don't just mean his politics, they are woefully mistaken. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

New Jersey:

Where you can still get your gas pumped by an attendent

Cheap gas prices

No tax on clothes

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

I know it's been a long time, but I can remember some great times at Wildwood, New Jersey when I was in my early 20's!! Happy smiley animated emoticon

Perhaps we know each other.  LOL  Some of the best times of my life were spent at the Jersey Shore, but that's another story.

I don't hate any of our states.  We're all one nation.

Perhaps I know both of you! Heart Smiley Happy  RD, I'll share a story if you share a story?  lol  Smiley Wink

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I love New Jersey, but those kinds of questions are always going to elicit an answer of some sort. I'm a native New Jerseyan who's lived here my whole life. I don't hate any state, so my most hated state would be none, but if people are going to answer I could see how they'd choose NJ. Who's going to say they hate Hawaii?

New Jersey has unfairly been the butt of jokes for decades, so if you're asking people for the state they hate the most, NJ would spring to mind quicker than Nebraska. I don't think it has anything to do with the govenor, taxes, or anything else, just that people have been conditioned to think poorly of NJ so when pressed for an answer for the most hated state, they're going to answer NJ.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!