Honored Contributor

So you're questioning QVC's hiring capabilities or the hosts?  

Either way it's just a matter of opinion.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I think a great many people have selective memory.

In a lot of ways, some of the seasoned hosts were not wonderful at their jobs at all when they started, no way, no how. 

In her beginning, Antonella laughed loudly, continuously, and kept wearing jewelry pieces even after they sold out.  She would say she knew she wasn't supposed to, but say that she didn't care.  She later admitted (in a live Facebook video with some other hosts years ago) that in her early days she was told by her bosses that she was messing up quite a lot.

In her early days, Stacey used to stand with her arms and legs crossed, talk in a monotone voice, and rarely fully showed the clothing items on the rack. It was years before she found her niche in the food shows. 

I only say this to say that "upon arrival" is extremely suggestive.  They were not that great when they started, by a long shot, but they got much better in time.

I have no idea if the three newest hosts will become good, seasoned hosts.  I personally think one of them is wonderful and will hopefully be given the opportunity to grow in the position and get even better.  But my opinion is only my opinion, nothing more.  

If none of them sell, they will be gone too.

@Caaareful Shopper Well said!!!👍😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3    It's obvious that QVC uses different criteria than we do when judging the success of a host.  I suspect with them, it's all about the sales figures.  Many of the soft spoken, calm hosts we liked just weren't dynamic enough to generate sales and weren't able to amp up their presentations. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

Have you ever noticed that Ali Carr's face and eyes 'smile' even when she's not smiling??  What a gift she has !

she is very postive, but pulls out the 'my kids, wedding" stuff a bit too much for me, but she's younger and trying to connect 

Her voice/pace somehow gets to me....and i don't feel she is very prepared at times....but does seem like a nice person..................i think they made a mistake with alot of the hosts they got rid of.............the new batch ...not so impressive.

Esteemed Contributor

Being new on ANY job is challenging enough.😐 When you factor in things like a producer in your ear constantly reminding you of key selling points and inventory; learning where to stand and/or how to handle items for best product presentation; navigating the personalities of each vendor, it becomes easier to understand why some new hires require more time than others to acclimate. I hope each of them has a successful career here.🤞😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

That sounds like the senior citizen ladies who sit aroind talking about how everything was better back in the good old days. LOL   It wasnt.  And no host that QVC ever hired hit home runs from day one.  It's a job and it takes a while for people to become proficient at their jobs.  There are some very new hosts that I have not seen yet.  Vanessa Herring is certainly a keeper. She's excellent, it's like she's been doing the job for years.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkerbell3    It's obvious that QVC uses different criteria than we do when judging the success of a host.  I suspect with them, it's all about the sales figures.  Many of the soft spoken, calm hosts we liked just weren't dynamic enough to generate sales and weren't able to amp up their presentations. 

totally,  it's all about the bottom line , always

Trusted Contributor

Don't know if Jen Coffey is really considered a newer host, but she's new to me since I'm from the old Q days, but I really enjoy her hosting style and personality.  Such a pleasant lady with no yelling or "me" stories, just a sunny disposition. Good hire Q!