Respected Contributor

I agree.  They try way too hard and lack classic professionalism.  So tired of the theatrics to get us to buy things.  The "older"  hosts are so much better and I do enjoy watching them.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I'm also shocked about how unprepared they are, with the exception of Anthony. I think he's fantastic and would like to see more of him during the day time

Honored Contributor

@MandyG06 

Did Anthony leave? 

Valued Contributor

Most of the veteran hosts aren’t on that much.  Guess on Q2 more these days.  QVC started down the silly path with hosts way before this group.  Not a fan of the silly group which they designate to most Q programming.  Hosts are much more professional on HSN.  QVC is in the perpetual “Valley girl”mode.

Esteemed Contributor

The issue with Anthony moving on (and I agree that he is the best of that class), is that there really is no room right now in the "better" hours;  which is why I think retirements are coming up.  Seriously, what does Q do with all these people, except make them someone's social media secretary?

Elise, for example is going to do social media for Mary Beth and Shawn on Q1 and Q2.

Honored Contributor

Veteran hosts were probably like the new ones at first? Practice makes perfect.  

There was one gal from the last group who I didn't think would make it a few months.  She has improved immensely.  

Honored Contributor

I have to agree that some of the new hosts seem ill-suited for the job. 

I think Anthony is great; Katrina is very good hosting fashion. 

The most frustrating to watch are those saccharin smiles that try to cover all of the mistakes and omissions they are making, over & over.  I realize it's a tough job though.  Give them some time, they may pleasantly surprise.

While learning on the job continues, I've had to stop watching in the early morning hours altogether.  I used to love that quiet time to shop QVC, but no longer. 

Honored Contributor

so many newbies they don't get enough actual hours to get better.  

and while I think it takes a year for each host to find their groove and style,  it becomes obvious to long term viewers who has "it" and who doesn't pretty quickly 

Honored Contributor

I've only seen one.    She was OK. I guess I have to get used to her....Oh well.  I think most of them are on overnight

Years ago, I can't even remember when.  I couldn't sleep and watched around 3:00AM a new host.  She was OK, but a little stiff and overly anxious.  I never saw her again, so I guess she didn't stay.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't even know half of the new ones.  I don't watch much during the nighttime,  if ever.

I think with more channels they are needing to hire more  hosts but I agree, they don't pick them very well, goes to show you what kind of work force is out there!!?? Yikes.