Honored Contributor

Re: New Gain detergent commercial....

What is it with Proctor and Gamble. They ran a commercial for Tide for well over a year, making fun of Grandma's underwear and having Grandpa walking around without his pants.

And now Gain does this? Were the making fun of Grandma's underwear Tide commericals such a sucess they upped it to jock straps?

Esteemed Contributor

just can't get the picture of the kid holding the jock strap up to his nose out of my mind!  maybe it's the heat here in RI!!

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla  Hate to tell you this but the Tide commercial is back. Saw it this morning.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@drizzellla  Hate to tell you this but the Tide commercial is back. Saw it this morning.

I saw it a few weeks ago. I was hoping it was just a mistake. Really holding up Grandma's underwear and making fun of it - how does that sell Tide detergent? And the jock strap? What is Proctor and Gamble trying to portray?

Respected Contributor

@nana59: I just saw this commercial an hour ago for the first time...UGH!!! Smiley Surprised  I'll have to be quick with the remote if I see it again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@nana59: I just saw this commercial an hour ago for the first time...UGH!!! Smiley Surprised  I'll have to be quick with the remote if I see it again.

does it make you want to smell how great this detergent works on jock straps?!  just freakin ridiculous!!

Respected Contributor

That one is as bad as the one for some laxative that show the people sittin'& thinkin' on the "throne". Just nasty.

Respected Contributor

Image result for embarrassed dog gif

Honored Contributor

What does ‘Denver the Guity Dog’ have to do with 

laundry detergent & jockstraps?

8C737ACA-E233-4635-A15B-728779162AB5.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@severusgirl wrote:

I saw it; it involves 2 boys trying to gross out their sleeping father by draping his stinky jockstrap on his head.  I agree; it's disgusting.

No, it was clean one right out of the laundry basket.  The Gain Flings commercial is proving how clean smelling clothes get by using Gain. 

The boys drape the jockstrap over their dad's face while he's sleeping on the couch.  The dad smells it and has a smile on his face because it smells fresh and clean. 

I think the commercial is in poor taste.