Honored Contributor

Re: New Gain detergent commercial....

When did jock strap become an obscenity...lol   And why post and say nothing....lol  The kids put dad's jock strap on his head while he's napping, thinking that the stinky smell would wake him up but....joke's on them, it was washed in Gain and smells sweet and lovely.  

Respected Contributor

Image result for schweddy balls gif

Honored Contributor

Hate to break it for everyone but....

most kids, especially boys (and yes, girls can be just as bad),

are all about the body odors & body sounds.

Heck, even my sports radio station hosts (grown men)

will get into a 5-minute giggle fit over a fart joke.

Smelly jock straps are right up there with noogies and

atomic wedgies. It’s what kids do.

Honored Contributor

Okay-I'll say it.  Would there be a defense of the commercial had it been mom's gym clothes, oh let's say the panties she wore that day-being waved under sleeping mom's nose?

Nothing is "obscene" about jock straps; I'm sure most of us have known a male or two who wore one.  It's the commercial that "stinks"-no pun intended.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Okay-I'll say it.  Would there be a defense of the commercial had it been mom's gym clothes, oh let's say the panties she wore that day-being waved under sleeping mom's nose?

Nothing is "obscene" about jock straps; I'm sure most of us have known a male or two who wore one.  It's the commercial that "stinks"-no pun intended.

I agree, nothing wrong with jock straps but the commercial is kinda dumb.  I do think the ladies who wouldn't even say jock strap would find a similar commercial that involved a mom's panties or g-string to be even worse...lol   Blood vessels would have burst over a commercial like that...lol

Respected Contributor

It was in bad taste to say the least.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I saw it, hated it. Just what we need commercials teaching kids to be hateful. They don't usually need help with that. I also reminds me of the kid that pushes his Dad to the window while he's sleeping to stick his feet out of the window. Those kids looked like this was normal for them. My kids did horrible things to their Father and I and it just reminded me how being a parent can become a nightmare.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Advertising agencies these days have sunk to new lows---instead of being creative and clever the majority of commercials and ads are just juvenile, risque, or crude.......

That Gains commercial sounds like something a 10 yr old would think is funny....Woman Tongue  I think there's a definite  immaturity issue 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom  @chrystaltree

That's the point the humor is JUVENILE and this is a product they are supposed to be trying to entice ADULTS to purchase....it's not amusing to adults, and certainly doesn't make want to purchase the product!!!....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom

That's the point the humor is JUVENILE and this is a product they are supposed to be trying to entice ADULTS to purchase.....while it might be funny to children, it's not amusing to adults....

It’s not the ‘adult’, it’s mostly the XY Chromosome.

And yes, the XY chromosome purchases laundry detergent, as well.