Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Device to Block Out any unwanted calls (robo, etc.). Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@colliegirls wrote:

We got rid of those calls from a website, nomorobo.  

We thought we did and we also called two other numbers for preventing the robo calls.  It hasn't worked.

REMEMBER - the elections race has started and all the boiler rooms are on full go. 

I did order the HSN product and hope this will work. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Re: New Device to Block Out any unwanted calls (robo, etc.). Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@colliegirls wrote:

I visit the nomorobo site every few months, but it's yet to become available in my area and with my phone service.

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

We thought we did and we also called two other numbers for preventing the robo calls.  It hasn't worked.

REMEMBER - the elections race has started and all the boiler rooms are on full go. 

Love Roses:  Let me know how you like it.  Did you watch the demo?  It explains everything in detai.  And as I mentioned before, their CS is wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's at all a small part of the country for which nomorobo works.  It's just certain carriers.

We recently switched from regular ATT phone to ATT Uverse and one of the biggest reasons was so that I could use nomorobo. 

The thing I like about both Uverse and nomorobo is that it blocks the calls BEFORE they get to you.  I had a box like the one mentioned here, many years ago.  It was all fine and good but you needed to keep blocking numbers and they still got through.

For me, the ability to block numbers before they can get to my phone number has been golden.

BTW, most phones you buy these days have the ability to block numbers right in the phone.  But it's the same deal - it rings once each time and then it blocks it.  It doesn't block it from getting TO your phone.

I have to say that since I switched to Uverse (they also have the ability to block numbers before they get to your phone) and am using nomorobo, it's very peaceful.  I don't have to turn off all my phones, thereby missing calls I actually want, just to keep from being disturbed all the time, day and night.

It shouldn't be on US, anyway, to stop this.  It should be on them to not be able to call people with unwanted calls, especially when we pay extra for an unlisted and private number.    I get tired of hearing 'don't answer the phone' or 'turn off the ringers'.  I am not the problem.   I pay my phone bills.   THEY are the problem and they don't pay my phone bills.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review and the product alert. I may have to check this out. Last week I was sick and home for a week. Most days were quiet, but one day I suddenly had 6 calls from organizations wanting money, telemarketers, and a radio survey company.

Esteemed Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Love Roses:  Let me know how you like it.  Did you watch the demo?  It explains everything in detai.  And as I mentioned before, their CS is wonderful.

We live in CA.  I have a feeling that nomorobo and other numbers to call block get some sort of pass in our state.  We are hoping this will work. 

Irritates me to infinity that we have to pay money (money we could use doing other things) to keep our lives private and safe.  Just like having to have paper shredders and anti-hacking firewalls, items so we can't have our info stolen in our handbags and purses.  Just sounding off. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Wow is it item# 439-439? I registered with nomorobo over a year ago and the phone rings maybe once or twice then stops and it was so bad before that I just unplugged my landline and checked the messages later. I need to replace my landline it's old and doesn't hold the charge long which I found out after being on hold for so long when I finally reached someone the darn phone went dead I was so through!
Respected Contributor

Thanks to the tip from VCamp2748, I just signed myself up for the Nomorobo service (you have to give them your phone number and email, then add their phone number to your phone service carrier account).  I have ATT U-Verse, and it was pretty easy with the instructions provided by Nomorobo.  Now, we'll see when I get home.......if this works, I'll have to kiss somebody!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Two years ago I bought a three pack phone (landline) system from HSN One of the great features about these phones is, it has phone number blocking.  Three steps and the number is blocked.  

Panasonic brand

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

2blonde wrote:

Thanks to the tip from VCamp2748, I just signed myself up for the Nomorobo service (you have to give them your phone number and email, then add their phone number to your phone service carrier account).  I have ATT U-Verse, and it was pretty easy with the instructions provided by Nomorobo.  Now, we'll see when I get home.......if this works, I'll have to kiss somebody!

Hope it does!  Smiley Happy   I'm so glad that when I upgraded to Uverse (btw, the service is definitely an upgrade but the price is WAY lower) I was able to sign up for nomorobo.  It could not have been easier.

For me, I'm a skeptical person but it seems like it must be working.  To not get a solicitation/robo call for almost two weeks is unheard of so something went right.

You can also go into your Uverse account and block numbers from even getting to your phone.  This was an added thing for me because if I get solicitation calls that are not robocalls I like the idea of blocking them from even getting to my phone.