Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This isn’t a huge deal, however I hate that default to easy pay. Yes, it’s easy to edit, but why should you have to. To me it makes more sense to flip it and default to full price, and edit if you want easy pay. Who designs these things ?

For my shopping pleasure defaulting to the last card used and easy pay makes more sense and is my preference.

Of course they could eliminate speed buy altogether and make us go through the multiple steps required for standard checkout but I'm certain that would garner complaints too.

I guess my issue is that it just doesn’t make sense to me. 

I guess my issue is that changing it just doesn't make sense to me.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: New Check Out

[ Edited ]

I have not purchased lately.  In fact, I am returning a top I purchased.  However, I would say 99% of people select easy pay if offered.,  Why?  If you have to returned it, you certainly only have a small amount to be credited to your account instead of the larger amount of a fulll amount.  If you keep it, you still have the monthly payments or you can pay it off.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I have not purchased lately.  In fact, I am returning a top I purchased.  However, I would say 99% of people select easy pay if offered.,  Why?  If you have to returned it, you certainly only have a small amount to be credited to your account instead of the larger amount of a fulll amount.  If you keep it, you still have the monthly payments or you can pay it off.

That percentage seems high.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This isn’t a huge deal, however I hate that default to easy pay. Yes, it’s easy to edit, but why should you have to. To me it makes more sense to flip it and default to full price, and edit if you want easy pay. Who designs these things ?

agree but shows how many sales are ezp 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1I suspect it defaults to whatever their computers tell them customers choose most often.   I can't imagine that it's not EZPay.  

When EZPay by any name is offered, the cost of that interest-free loan is already figured into the amount I'm going to pay --  as long as I don't pay interest on my credit card.  To me it just makes financial sense to offer it as the default option.

Honored Contributor

on every site - someone will be happy or unhappy with the default selection

roll the dice - you have a 50/50 chance

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, the default should not be to easy pay. I always have to look  carefully.  I don't like Easy Pay. And or I don't want someone to chose for me.  

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

I don't of any other site where the default is to break up the payments, 

Respected Contributor

I just had the new check out, and except for easy pay being the default, it didn’t seem different otherwise.

I’m glad the community posted about the change because I knew what to look for.