Honored Contributor

Re: New 'Archie' Photo Posted

I thought the feet photo was odd verging on creepy. I know of no one who would share photos of their babies feet. If they wanted to just do a bit of their baby, the little  hands would have been a better choice.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

I thought the feet photo was odd verging on creepy. I know of no one who would share photos of their babies feet. If they wanted to just do a bit of their baby, the little  hands would have been a better choice.

It's not odd or creepy. It a standard type of photo parents and also professional photographers have been using for years. And years. Often for their announcement pix.

I think it's sweet!

Examples:

https://www.google.com/search?q=newborn+baby+feet+and+mother+hands&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=isvn&...

Frequent Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

For heaven's sake it's not like Meghan is picking her nose in public.

What is up with all this comparison anyway?  Plenty of people in the royal family and if Meghan and Harry want to do things their way so what??

Are they breaking some laws or something??

I think they are great; no looking down their noses, doing the best they can while living in a fishbowl, dealing with really unkind remarks, especially about wee Archie.

Kate is lovely, Kate does what Kate needs to do. 

Meghan is lovely, and does what Meghan needs to do.

They are, after, all, people, despite titles.

@Cakers3  Well, so nothing, except people here are allowed to express their opinions (within terms of use) even if their opinions are not the same as yours, and even if their opinions are negative about Meghan and Harry.   I'm glad you think they are great.  But that doesn't mean people can't do comparisons to Kate or anyone else, within board terms of use.  And IMO it's a shame people jump all over them for expressing their opinions.

Yes, everyone can express an opinion within Board Standards, and likewise, everyone else can respond to any opinion and state their disagreement - otherwise known as a discussion.

I don’t see anyone jumping on anyone. I do see requests for clarification, and forthright objections to internet gossip put forward as fact that give those rumors and lies more oxygen.

Gossip is hurtful to the target of gossip – anyone – in-law, co-worker, neighbour, duchess. I am pretty sure we all know how it feels to be the subject of gossip and accusations at one time or another. It feels sad and lonely.

Because people can’t hear your negative opinions and accusations about them, doesn’t change anything.

And now my opinion: these 2 people aren't doing anything but living the life they've been blessed with. 

Super Contributor

Imo what's "odd verging on creepy" is the obsession with stalking and bashing of Meghan and Harry and nit picking every tiny detail spreading misinformation and gossipy rumors and the weird conspiracy theories. Sad really...

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

You may not "know" anyone but the photo of Archie's feet is in no way unusual.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=baby%27s+feet+with+mother%27s+hand&t=h_&iax=images&ia=images

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Queen Victoria had a cast made of her son, Prince Albert's hand, when he was just a baby, so it might be a family tradition..

Honored Contributor

I want to see that baby’s face! Anyone could be in that photo. Seems weird they would not have been anxious to show him off on Mothers Day...but is that a British holiday?
Honored Contributor

It seems it was not Mothers Day in Great Britain and they were honoring all mothers everywhere.... very generic photo, very generic sentiment.
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess  I have seen a picture of his face. Have you not seen one?