Valued Contributor

Re: New 'Archie' Photo Posted

Elizabeth just have Meghan and Harry new addition home in Buckingham Palace ( in case they will do stuff in London) New home will be ready for them at the end of this year.

source (Sun and more new papers)

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey  Of course the Queen and Prince Philip were pleased, Archie is their great grandson. I never said otherwise. 

Super Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

If a person joins an established organization and does not abide but the written and unwritten rules and procedures of that organization they invite resentment and ill will. Meghan has continually done just that and Harry seems to be subservient to her wishes.

The palace issued a statement that it would be announced when Meghan went into labor. Instead it was announced shortly before the birth was announced. The location of Kate's three deliveries was announced well in advance of her giving birth while the public still has not been informed of where Archie was born seven days after his birth. The announcement of all three of William's and Kate's babies were signed by the doctor who delivered them. No doctor, no one, signed as the doctor/person who delivered Archie.

This is just the latest of the many times Meghan and Harry have ignored the established and the expected.

They have most definitely invited the negative feeling some have of them.

You're grasping at weak straws trying to defend the petty M&H bash fest.

Articles claimed the palace would announce when the Duchess went into labor. Where did you see an official statement about that issued by them?

Buckingham Palace makes all the decisions about the announcements plus you can bet your life they had and have all the info but THEY have final say on what to publish to the public.

Your beef is and should be with BP. Not with M&H.

Honored Contributor

I just can't understand why some people here are so offended on behalf of the Queen and seem to be self appointed guardians of the "rules" of the monarchy and of the Queen's allegedly delicate sensibilities.

We broke away from the monarchy a long time ago. The Queen is a very grown up woman who can deal with these issues on her own. Maybe life has taught her lessons about priorities. It sure has for me, and I'm no Queen. I love seeing a woman that age who continues to learn and grow, if that's what she's doing. What's the point of life otherwise.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

They look like my daughters feet when she was born, only weighed 5.7 but had these big feet...adorable picture.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

And I think his feet look larger in the picture because of the way it was photographed. And that accounts for the distortion of the forget me nots.

@Greeneyedlady21 

i agree......

BUT, it is kind of a shame that someone felt the need to alter a photo of baby feet!

I’m missing something—how was the photo altered?

@jonbon 

probably by an app that changes the photo.

it would explain why the feet and hand may look big and the flowers are distorted.

I guess I don't really consider blurring the background of a photo (which is frequently done to highlight what is in the foreground -- the iPhone camera will now do it) to be such a shame. That's what was confusing to me and why I asked. It's been done for a long time, even before digital photography was the norm. (And I agree with others that the feet and hands look as they do because of the angle and how close they are -- nothing odd about it at all to me.)

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

For heaven's sake it's not like Meghan is picking her nose in public.

What is up with all this comparison anyway?  Plenty of people in the royal family and if Meghan and Harry want to do things their way so what??

Are they breaking some laws or something??

I think they are great; no looking down their noses, doing the best they can while living in a fishbowl, dealing with really unkind remarks, especially about wee Archie.

Kate is lovely, Kate does what Kate needs to do. 

Meghan is lovely, and does what Meghan needs to do.

They are, after, all, people, despite titles.

@Cakers3  Well, so nothing, except people here are allowed to express their opinions (within terms of use) even if their opinions are not the same as yours, and even if their opinions are negative about Meghan and Harry.   I'm glad you think they are great.  But that doesn't mean people can't do comparisons to Kate or anyone else, within board terms of use.  And IMO it's a shame people jump all over them for expressing their opinions.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Try not to over-think this.

I don't see any reason to use decoy feet...

@faeriemoon   LOL, decoy feet.

Honored Contributor

This thread amazes me.  When I saw the picture, I thought big feet, but then his parents are tall and he will grow into them, period.  If anyone noticed how Meagan was walking when she and Harry came out to show the baby, she definitely had just delivered a baby.