Honored Contributor

Re: New 'Archie' Photo Posted

@occasionalrain wrote:

Meghan and Harry have brought it on themselves with all their privacy nonsense. No one suspected deception concerning Kate's pregnancies nor any other royal births. Their privacy following delivery was never violated.  

@occasionalrain  Why is it nonsense???  It's their lives, not yours.

So because they are doing things outside of the box they deserve to be accused of all sorts of tabloid speculation?

You have no issue with the accusation that a vinyl toy doll was used in the picture of Harry holding Archie?

They owe nobody a public display; they owe nobody an explanation and they certainly are not obligated to come out and dispel all these ridiculous rumours.

FTLOG-next it will be Rumplestiltskin stole the real baby and replaced him with a changeling.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Some folks might be genuine doubters, but I believe that others are stating that with all the secrecy surrounding detail now, suspicions do pop into their mind even if they harbor no ill feelings toward Meghan and Harry.  

The main point is that had the couple proceeded in the usual manner, there most likely would not have been all the speculation and looniness that some report to be on the Internet.  I do not read such sites, so I am unfamiliar with what has been written.

Maybe a Greta Garbo effect is taking place:  The more the couple tries to avoid publicity and scrutiny, the more curious we become.

I thought it was loony too until I remembered him saying how sleep deprived he was and how much the baby had changed in two weeks (quickly changed to 2 days).  Doubt he would feel sleep deprived in 2-3 days, 2 weeks yes.  And slipping up and saying how much he had changed in 2 weeks, LOL.  Also look at her thumb in that picture,  Not the same manicure style as the rest of her fingers.  Why they would create all the secrecy, who knows.  They will be in the limelight the rest of their lives, and both of them are used to that, and knew that was part of the deal.  😬

He didn't say that his child had changed in 2 weeks, he said other people have said that babies change so much in 2 weeks.    It's in the video, and plenty of articles (this one from People).

"...But even the proud parents aren’t sure yet if he takes after Mom or Dad more.

“We’re still trying to figure that out,” Meghan said during their first outing as a family of three at St. George’s Hall in Windsor Castle (where the couple had their royal wedding reception!) on Wednesday.

“Everyone says babies change so much over two weeks. We’re basically monitoring how the changing process happens over this next month really,” Harry added. “His looks are changing every single day so who knows.”...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

After the birth, at home, with plenty of security, where is the harm in disclosing the place of birth and the name/names of the attending doctor?  They are in the public and financed by the British taxpayers. 

Going by that logic then anyone here in the public eye that is paid or supported by the American taxpayers should be okay with the same kind of intrusions into their lives.  Therefore, boy do I have questions.and not one relates to a Royal.

@Marp   Those American taxpayers certainly deserve to be represented and have their RL issues heard and resolved instead of watching the windmills spin around and around.  Just sayin'.

Or maybe they might donate their salaries, as someone does.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie He did not say the baby had changed in 2 weeks. He said "everyone says babies change over 2 weeks." This was in response to a question from a reporter about who the baby looked like. And they had probably not slept in 3 nights if the baby was born at 5:00 AM on Monday.  

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Some folks might be genuine doubters, but I believe that others are stating that with all the secrecy surrounding detail now, suspicions do pop into their mind even if they harbor no ill feelings toward Meghan and Harry.  

The main point is that had the couple proceeded in the usual manner, there most likely would not have been all the speculation and looniness that some report to be on the Internet.  I do not read such sites, so I am unfamiliar with what has been written.

Maybe a Greta Garbo effect is taking place:  The more the couple tries to avoid publicity and scrutiny, the more curious we become.

I thought it was loony too until I remembered him saying how sleep deprived he was and how much the baby had changed in two weeks (quickly changed to 2 days).  Doubt he would feel sleep deprived in 2-3 days, 2 weeks yes.  And slipping up and saying how much he had changed in 2 weeks, LOL.  Also look at her thumb in that picture,  Not the same manicure style as the rest of her fingers.  Why they would create all the secrecy, who knows.  They will be in the limelight the rest of their lives, and both of them are used to that, and knew that was part of the deal.  😬

He didn't say that his child had changed in 2 weeks, he said other people have said that babies change so much in 2 weeks.    It's in the video, and plenty of articles (this one from People).

"...But even the proud parents aren’t sure yet if he takes after Mom or Dad more.

“We’re still trying to figure that out,” Meghan said during their first outing as a family of three at St. George’s Hall in Windsor Castle (where the couple had their royal wedding reception!) on Wednesday.

“Everyone says babies change so much over two weeks. We’re basically monitoring how the changing process happens over this next month really,” Harry added. “His looks are changing every single day so who knows.”...

@dooBdoo   Exactly and the twisted interpretation of that statement is exactly another example of people hearing what they want to hear-and pass on the misinformation to others who are equally dedicated to fiction.

Thank you.

Frequent Contributor

(First, hello to Rough Draft and all who 'know' and may remember me- haven't posted in ages!)
 I have been following along and reading the conspiracy theories, here and elsewhere, and I wanted to comment. @RoughDraft , I agree that even a video would be discredited by many! In fact, they could have aired the delivery live on the BBC and their would STILL be naysayers!

I've seen comments over the last month re: speculation that Meghan had delivered on Easter when the Royal family visited since the Queen brought flowers, etc. This added fuel to the idea that the baby was born 2 weeks earlier. The comments re: her 'supposed' 2 day post-partum belly being faked, all the "secrecy" pointing to conspiracies can easily be explained by FACTS regarding pregnancy and childbirth in general- I'm NOT saying this is the case with Meghan- but here are several valid explanations for the 2 +week plus 'disappearance' of Meghan prior to Wednesdays public appearance:

It's possible, especially during the third trimester and even during labor or POST labor, that a woman can develop pre-eclampsia or full blown eclampsia which would require bed rest and medical intervention.These include IV meds.  Maybe that was the case with Meghan. It usually comes on suddenly. A mother to be can look and feel just fine up until this occurs.

Another factual explanation might be that she began to spot /and or went into labor a bit early and was put on bed rest to ensure the baby stayed in utero as long as possible. That easily explains the Royal Family visits over the weeks- to wish Meghan well as she remained on bed rest.

Many women remain puffy all over secondary to IV fluids days after delivery whether vaginal or c-section . Each woman is different but many still appear pregnant days/weeks after delivery. It all depends on THEIR body and also how quickly the uterus shrinks back to post pregnancy size. I've mostly seen women who have had C-sections have an expanded abdomen for longer although it happens to women w/ vag deliveries, too. A C-section makes it more painful to massage the fundus ( which makes the uterus shrink) and is often not done as assertively as opposed to post a vag delivery due to the incision. Maybe she had a C-section, maybe not.

Anyway, just my 2 pence (Smiley Happy) I thought I'd throw out there as I haven't seen mention of these well known facts anywhere-though I have not searched for them in relation to Meghan. In the end, NONE of them may apply to her. Maybe she was just tired and needed rest away from the public eye.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Nice photo.  But I have to say I am already tired about all the hoop-la around them.  I bet if all the photographers and journalists really left them alone and were not interested, then they would be dumb-struck, and craving to get the attention back.

Don't mind me -- I am a bit crabby today.

I bet not.

Frequent Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

You lost me at the mysterious mismatched thumb... what are you saying exactly?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

I probably would've agreed with you a year or so ago, @golding76, but now I don't.   Unfortunately, in watching what's been happening over time I realized in some eyes this couple "can do no right." 

The "speculation and looniness" and conspiracy theories began well before the birth plans and announcement plans were made known, so it was unrelated to any Garbo-esque tendencies.   (You're lucky you haven't seen the vile, dark trolling going on, by the way...  it's disheartening at best, repulsive at its worst.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Exactly @dooBdoo.

From transcript of introduction interview (townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a27396164/meghan-markle-prince-harry-royal-baby-first-media-interview-transcript/

nterviewer: Who does he take after? Does he look like anyone?

Meghan: We’re still trying to figure that out.

Harry: Everyone says that babies change over two weeks that basically we’re monitoring him to see how the changing process happens over this next month, really. His looks are changing every single day, so who knows.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.