Respected Contributor

Re: Never have I experienced such Toxic filthy air like right now in Seattle area!

I'm in the south bay area of SF. Our air quality has been so bad. It pretty much started with the lightning fires on August 16. One was over the hill from me and, thankfully, didn't come across that hill. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Never have I experienced such Toxic filthy air like right now in Seattle area!

I can't imagine being close to the fires and smoke.  I'm in the midwest and we now have quite a haze from the smoke but it's nothing like out west.  I pray the west gets a good rain to help put out the fires.

Esteemed Contributor

fullsizeoutput_874.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll, that is so unbelievable. The graphic really brings it all home.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The Bobcat fires in SoCal is only two miles now from the Wilson Observatory.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@SeaMaiden   You should be saying a prayer for the people whose homes and property have been destroyed by the fire. I notice your home is standing along with your neighbor's homes.  Those people don't have anything other than the clothes on their back.   And you're talking about being afraid to go to the mailbox.  Those people don't have a mailbox to go to.

@KatieB 

Wow, no need to jump on @SeaMaiden for her post.  She's just reporting what conditions are like in her area.  Nothing to indicate that she is uncaring about others who are in worse situations.  Totally uncalled for. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I@suzyQ3 

I have relatives living in Arcadia, Monrovia, Sierra Madre and Pasadena.  So far all OK!

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I@suzyQ3 

I have relatives living in Arcadia, Monrovia, Sierra Madre and Pasadena.  So far all OK!

That is very good news, @DiAnne 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Seattle Mariners game tonight has been postponed due to poor air quality.  I wish it would hurry up and rain ☔️ 

Honored Contributor

@tansy 

It sure looks better at my house.  I can actually see some blue sky.