Respected Contributor

Re: Negative reviews not being posted?

@Boehm Collector  Hi!!  Chiming in on important topics which helps to keep me engaged. Nice to see you here as well Heart. I will reply asap!!! 

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Boehm Collector  Hi!!  Chiming in on important topics which helps to keep me engaged. Nice to see you here as well Heart. I will reply asap!!! 

@NycVixen  Heart Heart

Occasional Contributor

I try to write review on most everything I purchase & do not check box to get email when posted.  in my experience marginal reviews on occasion never get posted but 5 star reviews are always posted!  By this time I know "guidelines" & write reviews in compliance.  I basically write what I found wrong (or right) with product with little criticism or blame so yes, less than 5 star reviews are sometimes never posted.  I also have no clue how a review gets posted by someone who has not purchased or received product while an informed review gets lost?  

QVC Social Team

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I placed an honest negative review on a  purchase a while ago and have never seen it posted.  I did not receive an email telling me that  the review was not approved, so I assumed it would  post. Makes me wonder how honest the reviews are now.  

Hello @SeaMaiden - I would like to look into this for you. Can you please tell me which product you wrote a review on? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I have written very few reviews, because if a company doesn't want my honest, not OTT, not nasty, not hysterical opinion, I don't want to waste my time. I think I've had a review or two not post over the years for no good reason other than it actually mentioned a defect.

We all see the reviews that are from people who haven't received or used the product yet. The fact that those are posted, and that they aren't removed when reported, tells me all I need to know about how much QVC values accuracy in reviews. As long as it's a 4-5 star review, I doubt they'd care if a roomful of monkeys were writing them.

And many of us do see the deliberate manipulations. Item has a 2-star rating? Give it a new item # and you can wipe out every previous review.  Move 2-3 star reviews until you get a full page of 5-stars and put the less favorable reviews where people are much less likely to see them. Some of us totally "get it."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

I wrote a glowing review except for one thing-the toxic chemical odor that wouldn't wash out and that permeated my other clothing.  Smelled like mothballs.  After I saw they wouldn't post it, I rewrote an even more complimentary review, noting the odor.  Again, they would not post it.  This problem with the misuse of dangerous chemicals,  even on bras, is major.

I couldn't agree more! I've been somewhat closely following the story of flight attendants at American Airlines becoming very seriously ill from their new uniforms that were issued in September. There's something really, really bad going on there. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Eva-QVC wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I placed an honest negative review on a  purchase a while ago and have never seen it posted.  I did not receive an email telling me that  the review was not approved, so I assumed it would  post. Makes me wonder how honest the reviews are now.  

Hello @SeaMaiden - I would like to look into this for you. Can you please tell me which product you wrote a review on? Thanks!

@Eva-QVC   Here is the item number. Thank-you.

A225791
Women with Control Tall Slim leg Pants w/Tummy Control

QVC Social Team

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Eva-QVC wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Eva-QVC   Here is the item number. Thank-you.

A225791
Women with Control Tall Slim leg Pants w/Tummy Control

Do you remember approximately when you wrote the review? @SeaMaiden

Super Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

I wrote a glowing review except for one thing-the toxic chemical odor that wouldn't wash out and that permeated my other clothing.  Smelled like mothballs.  After I saw they wouldn't post it, I rewrote an even more complimentary review, noting the odor.  Again, they would not post it.  This problem with the misuse of dangerous chemicals,  even on bras, is major.

I couldn't agree more! I've been somewhat closely following the story of flight attendants at American Airlines becoming very seriously ill from their new uniforms that were issued in September. There's something really, really bad going on there. 

I wrote a review about a pair of Isaac Mizrahi jeans I returned that smelled like they had been soaked in gasoline.   Others wrote similar reviews and this has happened before with IM's clothing btw.