Honored Contributor

Need help with confusing Uber instructions

[ Edited ]

First time ever using Uber app on my phone. It's already set up with my profile, phone number and payment information. This is the first time ordering a ride. 

My husband is a block away at a Goodyear Repair Shop. He needs to get to our home address. Our address and the Goodyear's address are already added to the places on my phone's Uber App. My husband has been set up as a second person to be using my Uber, and I know to click on my photo on top of the page to select the ride for him.

In the Where To, should I put the home address? If I do this, how will Uber know to pick up my husband at the Goodyear? or

The directions say "Enter your friend's destination." Do I enter our home address or the Goodyear pickup address? 

7440A4FB-49E7-4C20-8F03-AB9504EF443D.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help with confusing Uber instructions

The instructions are very clear.

It shows you where to add a rider under your name on the app.  When you click your name, you can switch rider.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 @I'm not having a problem with making my husband the rider. I'm having a problem with what to put in the Where To.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Bri369 @I'm not having a problem with making my husband the rider. I'm having a problem with what to put in the Where To.

I see you edited your OP.

Where to would your home.  The pickup location is where he currently is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 @It doesn't ask for the pick up location. It only says Where To. Do I put in our home address? If I do this how will they know where he is to pick him up or to give me a price?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Bri369 @It doesn't ask for the pick up location. It only says Where To. Do I put in our home address? If I do this how will they know where he is to pick him up or to give me a price?

You have to click where to.  Then it will ask you for the "where to" address. 

Above that is a box with "current location."  Hit that, and put in the address where he currently is.  That would be the location he is being picked up from. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 @I will try this. A friend just brought him home, but I still need to know how to do this. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 @It worked. Thank you. The box is not labeled Current Location and it had our home address in it. 

Honored Contributor

Glad it worked out!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@Bri369 @It worked. Thank you. The box is not labeled Current Location and it had our home address in it. 

A good example of small things that can confound me. Thanks for the question and visuals, @Mindy D .

Thanks for your replies, @Bri369 .