Esteemed Contributor

Spending time onYouTube I ran across a video that left me so inspired I wanted to share with all of you! If, like most of us during this difficult time, you could use something to give you a feeling of gratitude and joy please allow yourself a few minutes to listen to this amazingly beautiful father/daughter duet. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqFCbtRz1Z0

If you're adverse to clicking on links you can find their videos by going to YouTube and typing in ~

Mat and Savanna Shaw

That will take you to their videos. I promise you will be glad you did! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need an Uplifting Break?

I didn't want to make my first post too long as I know many don't care to read that much but for those who are interested here is a follow up on Mat and Savanna Shaw. 

Savanna is an unusual 15 year old in that she had never taken part in social media. She sings in a choir, so when the new stay at home order was implemented, she asked her dad if she could open a singing Instagram page to keep up with other choir members since practices were cancelled.

Here is her opening post ~

"Hi there, it’s Savanna! Everyone who’s been along with me on this journey knows that I have only had social media for about a month or so now. I would have never in a million years expected the outpouring of support and love that I have received from so many of you. Many of you have asked me to tell a little bit about myself. I am 15 years old. I am inherently quiet. I’m used to being the choir girl that nobody knows! It’s new to me to put myself out there like this. As scary as it is, I’m so grateful for this unique opportunity to share my music. I’m so grateful that the music I have shared here has touched so many during these difficult times. Many of you have personally shared your stories with me and it’s been humbling and inspiring. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for giving me this opportunity to do the thing I love. You have shown me that distances don’t have to exist between countries, nationalities, and beliefs; our hearts are all connected. I love you all." 💛

From Savanna's father Mat ~

"If there has been a silver lining in this coronavirus situation for us, it’s that we do get to spend a whole lot more time together. I have heard that the only thing more contagious than a virus is hope, and so we are just trying to do our small little part in the world to spread a little bit of hope.”

I hope their singing brings you the sense of peace and hope that it has brought to me. Heart

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 -

She really does have a beautiful voice, one of the prettiest I have heard.I especially liked The Prayer, one of my favorites.

Thanks for mentioning this and also for providing the title so we don't have to use a linkSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

Just beautiful!  Thanks so much for sharing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay You're very welcome. I know a lot of people don't like clicking links so I'm happy you were able to find the video. Smiley Happy

@merri  So glad you enjoyed it. I have to admit I was a bit surprised when Mat started singing. I wasn't expecting that amazing voice. I guess it goes to show we never know what talent a person has behind their beautiful smile! 

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2  

Your promise was fulfilled!  She has one of the prettiest, most natural voices I have ever heard.  If any of you have not heard this yet, you're missing out.  THANK YOU, Susie!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much  You're so welcome. I'm glad my promise held up and you enjoyed the video! Smiley Happy