Respected Contributor

Re: Need advice on Medi-Cal and Covered CA

@151949 wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

How would Covered CA know your income had dropped unless you reported it? 

good question.

Maybe you need to read my reply to the "good question". 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

Obviously it was reported. I was asked my last three months of income and as I stated previously I get paid at the end of each project. I was between projects so there was no income. 

They make it harder than it has to be. 

They ask for your projected income for the year, they should just go by the previous yrs income. Some people know how much they will make, some do not. Seems they never do anything the simple way.

Respected Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

Obviously it was reported. I was asked my last three months of income and as I stated previously I get paid at the end of each project. I was between projects so there was no income. 

They ask for your projected income for the year, they should just go by the previous yrs income. Some people know how much they will make, some do not. Seems they never do anything the simple way.

Exactly. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

This happened to us last year, 2015, which was the year DH retired. He was on unemployed status for part of the year and then he would be turning 62 and receiving his retirement benefits for the second half of the year.  They wouldn't accept the projected retirement income. They only accepted the unemployment and referred us over to the state of Wisconsin.

OT:  When I received the Wisconsin Medicaid Handbook I was surprised to read that you can use a private business loss to offset a spouse's income and qualify for Medicaid.