Trusted Contributor

Need advice on Decaff Coffee brands please....

I am trying to find a brand of decaff coffee that is on the healthier side to drink....after searching and reading the process of how the decaff is made, it does not sound very appealing now.

Have any of you already researched this more and have a brand that works well for you ?

Thanks for your replies and input on this.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need advice on Decaff Coffee brands please....

Gorilla Decaf, organic, delicious, made by the Rodgers Family, available at stores that sell other organic stuff, and Amazon where I buy mine. Brand is San Francisco Bay Coffee Co. I think. The regular coffee, organic, is Java Love. Also delicious.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

The key is to look for brands that use the swiss water process for decaffeinating, instead of the normal chemical process. Much healthier and safer and, frankly, tastes better.

Respected Contributor

@deja vu wrote:

I am trying to find a brand of decaff coffee that is on the healthier side to drink....after searching and reading the process of how the decaff is made, it does not sound very appealing now.

Have any of you already researched this more and have a brand that works well for you ?

Thanks for your replies and input on this.

Glad you asked about this.  Been wondering myself about a healthy way to get decaf.  

Honored Contributor

@deja vu

This company, Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC sells swiss water processed decaf coffee.

I've bought the non decaf coffee and its quite good.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Oh good, I will be purchasing one of these that were listed tomm afternoon...I went over to Amazon and stayed to long.

It's past my bedtime now. lol

Thx again, all so helpful to me !!

Honored Contributor

My mother likes Tom Hortons decaf.  She has been a coffee drinker all her life.  She is 86 and having trouble with her bladder so her doctor wants her on decaf only.  So far, this is the only one she likes.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, I  looked this one up also...I'll try a few and may end up with my own blend after taste testing some.

I don't drink it daily, but I do get cravings. I stay away from caffeine in general as much as possible...I used to wake up nauseous  every morning and was always taking antacid products. I stopped caffeine just over 5 yrs ago and it stopped the nausea and no more Prilosec etc.