Esteemed Contributor

Need Help With Facebook Settings!!

Ever since reading the post a few days ago about not posting your birthday on Facebook I've been trying to delete it from my Facebook page.I can't figure out how to do it!! I was able to change the month & year so it's no longer my birthdate but not delete it completely.Can someone please take me thru the steps to delete it altogether? Thank-you!!

That was the only piece of personal information that was on my page.I would rather it not be there!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help With Facebook Settings!!

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ,  That's a required field in order to have an active Facebook account.    Just edit it to something inaccurate.   I set mine to a bogus month/day and the year 1900.   (eta:  You also can edit the "audience" so you can control who can see your birthdate.   Go to your Timeline, click the words "Update info."  Choose "Contact and Basic Info."  Off to the right of each piece of data, hover the cursor and you'll see an "Edit" option.  That's where you choose who can see that piece of data.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks I have already done that.I wanted to see if I could eliminate it completely.

I already set the security settings to" only me."

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ@dooBdoo

Mine is wrong on it! When I started an account, the dates didn't go BACK FAR ENOUGH! Well!

So the month and day are correct and I just chose the year farthest back. 

I have never had any ID theft issues from electronic sources. 

Lit might be nice to have a way for people to easily have a way to wish you Happy Birthday.  I like this feature!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ@dooBdoo

Mine is wrong on it! When I started an account, the dates didn't go BACK FAR ENOUGH! Well!

So the month and day are correct and I just chose the year farthest back. 

I have never had any ID theft issues from electronic sources. 

Lit might be nice to have a way for people to easily have a way to wish you Happy Birthday.  I like this feature!

The feature is nice, @LTT1.  If the month and day are accurate, and if you haven't hidden the info, your friends can see it.   The problem is using the actual  year.   Access to the correct month/day/year is a very tasty piece of data for identity thieves.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

dooBdoo wrote:

@Nicksmom,  That's a required field in order to have an active Facebook account.    Just edit it to something inaccurate.   I set mine to a bogus month/day and the year 1900.   

You be old, dooB!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt @dooBdoo

She is genetically gifted and looks no where close to her age. LOL😀

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Thanks I have already done that.I wanted to see if I could eliminate it completely.

I already set the security settings to" only me."

That's how they determine you are old enough for an account.You have to be at least 13 to have an account. Sure, kids can lie, but that's the best good faith effort they have to verify without making people send them an ID card.

Respected Contributor

You can't delete it but you can change the setting to "only visible to me"