Respected Contributor

My husband is trying to add his email address to our Xfinity email.  Our account has only my email address and now he has decided to get a separate email address -- he's never had one in the past.  Is there an EASY way to add his address to my account?  Keep in mind, we are not computer savvy.  

Honored Contributor

According to Comcast.....

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at Tue, Dec 1, 2020-12.26.01 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Sign into your email and go to your account.  On my screen, at the top right it has my name with a down arrow and I can just click on that.  Select "account settings."  Select "users" which is across the top of the screen.  Select "add a new user."  Then you have to select either manager, member, or viewer.  I have more than one email address so I keep" manager" for myself since I pay the bill and manage things and the other addresses are" viewers."  Make your selection. Let's say you select "viewer."  Click on that and it asks you to continue.  It then takes you to a page where you fill in some information, then hit "create profile."  That should be it.  Good luck!  Hope I was clear enough. :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor

Re: Need Computer Help

[ Edited ]

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-email-contact-settings

This is the link I got when I googled "how to manage email contact in Xfinity account."  

He doesn't need his own email address on this account as long as he has YOUR email address and password for this account. Or you can switch it to his new email and if you know the password, you can check it every so often if you are getting payment alerts. 

So depending on what his goal is, you have some options as others have posted. If he has your email address and password for this account already, and this makes no logical sense, I am wondering what is going on in his thinking. Wonder if he simply wants to get email in his new account. If this is it, sign him up to a bunch of daily news alerts or wellness pages or even shopping or sports sites. We have a friend with early stage dementia and he does weird stuff like this all the time and his wife struggles to manage his computer issues. This guy will call my husband who tells him no, can't be done, or you screwed it up by doing X, and this guy won't even listen to my husband at this point. Its sad. Good luck on this. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Computer Help

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker 

There appears to be several ways to do it, but the following seems to be rather easy.

If you are using Windows 10, type "email" into the box that says "Type here to search" located in the lower left hand corner of the page.  Click on "email and accounts."

There you will see add account.  You need to type in the new email address.  Since you want the emails to come from Xfinity, be sure to add @Comcast.net.  Example:  Abcdefg@Comcast.net.

You might have to try a unique name because others may have used the one your husband has in mind.  

I had Comcast set mine up, but emails from Xfinity are sent to Outlook, so it's a bit more involved.  If you have problems, they will help you.    

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker 

To simplify the process, set him up as a viewer, then you don't have to bother with an invitation. You can always change the user role after the account is set up.

x add user.JPG

Respected Contributor

@Growing  Thanks for your reply and missed diagnosis. My husband does not have dementia.  The software at the doctor's office cannot handle one address for 2 people.  PERIOD!!! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your replies.  A special thanks to @Caffeina .  He thinks that's the solution that he'll try tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

with xfinity you can have up to seven emails associated with the one account. everyone can have their own email address and can set up their own password. they are very easy to set up.

another easy free email to set up is via aol.com. you can go to aol.com and set up a free email account.

i have both......aol emails and xfinity emails.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Growing  Thanks for your reply and missed diagnosis. My husband does not have dementia.  The software at the doctor's office cannot handle one address for 2 people.  PERIOD!!! 

I apologize if I offended you, guess I just misread the husband setting up his own email address suddenly. I am glad you guys will get it figured out.