Honored Contributor

I know there is a forum on shoes, but I thought posting here  it would get more traffic. I am sick and tired of buying boots that are supposed to be  waterproof and are not. I live in NYC and do the snow shoveling. Every time I come inside, my feet are wet and cold. It seems water seeps in between the sole and body of the boot. I dont care if they're not fashionable, when I'm in a snowstorm who cares. I was looking at Sperry duck boots, I want something that is lined for warmth. Can anyone recommend a boot that is truly waterproof not water resistant? 

Esteemed Contributor

I wear wellie rain boots in the winter because they're completely waterproof.  However, they're not lined so not as warm but they work well.  I found some lined wellies at LLBean.

302623_3563_41.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Nordstrom carries Hunter rain boots in three different heights. I don't know how comfortable they are, but the people I know who have them say they are great. They also carry the socks to wear with them. My concern would be whether they have arch support and are cushy to walk in. At their price, they SHOULD be good. The cheaper ones I know are not comfortable because I've tried them on.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I know there is a forum on shoes, but I thought posting here  it would get more traffic. I am sick and tired of buying boots that are supposed to be  waterproof and are not. I live in NYC and do the snow shoveling. Every time I come inside, my feet are wet and cold. It seems water seeps in between the sole and body of the boot. I dont care if they're not fashionable, when I'm in a snowstorm who cares. I was looking at Sperry duck boots, I want something that is lined for warmth. Can anyone recommend a boot that is truly waterproof not water resistant? 

@Jordan2

I live in Manhattan ... lots of slushy streets in the winter, and puddles all over the place whenever it rains.

I got my boots (both rain and snow) at LandsEnd.  The snow boots (Item #502432AE6)  are warm and waterproof.  Rain boots  (Item #491400AE3) are also waterproof.

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of BeeZees waterproof knee high boots from HSN 2 winters ago.  Those things are GREAT!!!

Not only are they waterPROOF but they are lightweight and warm.  I don't know how they made them all those things at once.

Best.Snow.Shovelling.Boots.Of.Ever

Honored Contributor

You cant do any better than LL Bean for boots.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Nordstrom.com - women's rain boots. Lots to choose from.

Honored Contributor

I wear Wellie type boots in the rain and snow with a pair of heavy socks.

Esteemed Contributor

The best winter boots I own are Mephistos.  They are called All Rounders.  They are snow and waterproof.  Mine are knee high, side zip.  I liked them so much a bought two pairs.  

I live in Nova Scotia so I know all about winter.  I would never wear rubber boots in the snow.  The rubber freezes and they are worse than a dull pair of skates.

Good luck @Jordan2.  Nothing worse than cold wet feet in winter.  LM

Honored Contributor

Thanks to everyone. I'm going to check out Lands End and L.L. Bean.