Esteemed Contributor

National POW/MIA Recognition Day

[ Edited ]

How does your community recognize the POWs and MIAs on this day of recognition and remembrance?

There are a number of small remembrance gatherings in my area and one larger regional gathering that includes the empty glass ceremony.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: National POW/MIA Recognition Day

A noon ceremony at the site of our town's war memorial.  Speeches by veterans and military family members.  A young lady from a local high school band will play "Taps."  A very moving remembrance.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a community Flag flown nearby.  Helps that the VFW is around to make sure it is flown.

It's too bad that the posters here didn't respond in mass.  This is a very important subject -

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

We have the flag and Pow Mia flag flown on a local community flag pole.  Helps that the local VFW is around to make sure it is remembered.

Too bad that the posters here didn't resond in mass.  It's more important than REALITY SOAPS, KARDASHIANS, SOAP OPERAS, ETC.    If some are ignorant of the day/reason, it would help to learn about the subject.   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll admit I did not know what today was but I put our flags out in rememberance.  I still have my MIA bracelet from Viet Nam..

@Puzzle Piece I guess I am one that was ignorant of what today stands for. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

For those interested in learning more about National POW/MIA Recognition Day this site tells the history:

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/pow-mia-recognition-day

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, some knuckle heads are against this flag in many area.   Prayers to those who lost and have not found their loved ones,