Esteemed Contributor

National Memorial Day Concert 2020

Capital Concerts announced that a special presentation of the NATIONAL MEMORIAL DAY CONCERT, hosted by Tony Award-winner Joe Mantegna and Emmy Award-winner Gary Sinise, will air on PBS and feature new performances and tributes filmed around the country to honor all of our American heroes.

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the traditional live concert on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol will not be held – to ensure the health and safety of all involved.

The special 90-minute presentation of the NATIONAL MEMORIAL DAY CONCERT will air on Sunday, May 24, 2020, as a celebration to the heroes currently fighting COVID-19. This year marks its 31st year as a way to honor and remember our troops, Veterans, wounded warriors, all those who have given their lives for our nation and their families.

The NATIONAL MEMORIAL DAY CONCERT airs on PBS Sunday, May 24, 2020, from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. E.T., as well as to our troops serving around the world on the American Forces Network. The concert will also be streaming on Facebook, YouTube and www.pbs.org/national-memorial-day-concert and available as Video on Demand, May 24 to June 7, 2020.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: National Memorial Day Concert 2020

When I programmed it I thought it was a repeat, now I realize it it not, it will be an interesting show to watch

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@MarpThank you for the reminder.  I was just thinking about how much I look forward to the honoring of heroes every year.  Love Joe and Gary!

Just sitting here thinking that the "early fireworks" going off now always make me sad as those people are missing the point to Memorial Day.  Sigh...

Blessings to all this Memorial Day and prayers to those who have served or have family and/or friends who have served.   This year, thank you to our armed forces, healthcare workers and all front line heores!!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the information @Marp!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

I admire Gary Sinise so much. He is a magnificent patriot.

Honored Contributor

Much of the show was pre-recorded and will include performances from prior years along with new snippets from entertainers here and there.