Esteemed Contributor

Looks like NY is banning gatherings of over 500 people in the state.  Check before you go, some places are temporarily closed; MMA, Carnegie Hall, Met Opera.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NY update on restrictions

Broadway Shuts Down: Performances Canceled Through April 12 Due to COVID-19 Pandemic

As a precaution due to COVID-19, all Broadway performances have been canceled until April 12, Governor Andrew Cuomo and Charlotte St. Martin, President of the Broadway League, announced today.

In addition, the 2:00PM matinee performance of Moulin Rouge: The Musical was canceled today.

Honored Contributor

That's not going to work either. When are they going to get it?

Honored Contributor

I just watched last night's episode of The Daily Show and the Mayor of NYC was on.  It sounds like they are doing a lot in terms of intelligent reactions and factual information.  Too bad we're getting the exact opposite on the, uh, not local level.  

I'm not in NY but still concerned, as people should be, especially being one who is older, asthmatic, and autoimmune challenged.   It's kind of scary when you realize that you can have no idea who could be carrying it when you're out in public.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think that cancelling large gatherings is the wise, sound thing to do.  Why wouldn't it be?

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

They are not going to get what, they are limiting the spread by cancelling the events where large groups gather

@Nightowlz wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Nightowlz 

They are not going to get what, they are limiting the spread by cancelling the events where large groups gather

@Nightowlz wrote:

@I am still oxox 

CDC says stay at least 6 ft away from each other. You cannot do that even if you have 100 people there? It will only take 1 sick person there to spread it.

Honored Contributor

I would think  crowded busses  would be a virus death trap..... 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would think  crowded busses  would be a virus death trap..... 

@SeaMaiden  They, along with the subway are being kept as clean as possible. People seem to be using different modes of transportation if possible. 

Super Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I just watched last night's episode of The Daily Show and the Mayor of NYC was on.  It sounds like they are doing a lot in terms of intelligent reactions and factual information.  Too bad we're getting the exact opposite on the, uh, not local level.  

I'm not in NY but still concerned, as people should be, especially being one who is older, asthmatic, and autoimmune challenged.   It's kind of scary when you realize that you can have no idea who could be carrying it when you're out in public.  

I am in NY...and lets just say I am not a fan of the Governor but I have to give him credit. He is doing a good job with his response to Covid-19 so far. I support the ban on large gatherings and the restrictions in place so far. My county so far has no confirmed cases yet.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.