Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I don't have one.  I know it's popular but it never appealed to me.  I email family/friends directly with messages or photos. 

Same for me.

Honored Contributor

I've had Facebook for years, but just started using it in the last couple years.  I set my privacy settings to no emails and only friends can see my posts.  Go into settings, it's not too complicated to tweak.  I was intimidated with it too, that's why I never used it.  It was there to look at sites that required you have one.  Now that I have it customized the way I want it, I use it often.  I choose not to post any pictures and I don't post anything personal.  I like to see what my friends are up to and learn about things I otherwise wouldn't have.

Honored Contributor

Re: NO MORE FACEBOOK FOR ME

[ Edited ]

I've been on Facebook for years with no problems.

Things are coming to your "inbox"?  What inbox???  Do you mean people are private messaging you?

When your friends post things and people respond, it's only natural that you're going to see responses from people you don't know. It's the friends of your friend that are responding, including you. 

Facebook isn't for everyone but it's really pretty easy. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@cotton4me wrote:

I don't have one.  I know it's popular but it never appealed to me.  I email family/friends directly with messages or photos. 

Same for me.

Me too, no interest in FB.

Respected Contributor

Re: NO MORE FACEBOOK FOR ME

[ Edited ]

I check my e-mail and Facebook at least once a day. I enjoy  

communicating with friends and family that way. I check Facebook for businesses I might want to use. It is real time interaction.You also get breaking news. Funny thing is I've noticed a lot of articles and discussion topics that come from Facebook are posted here.

Respected Contributor

I do not like FB at all but use it since everyone else goes there. I much prefer emails or as in past years, a lot of us used the Q boards - there is only one other in our original group that still come here. Some have flown with the angels and others just stopped coming by - I miss that.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

People who are posting they are afraid to use FB or those who say things like "I don't care what strangers had for lunch" clearly don't really understand how to use FB. It's probably been years since I've seen anyone post a picture of their lunch. I only allow those people I want to be in touch with, and have something in common to discuss. Many people just put down FB without really having any idea what it is all about.

Respected Contributor

Not interested, never have been never will be.

You want to talk to me, pick up the phone,  or email or text me.---And for my friends here, I will check in daily.

Honored Contributor

I only have it to enter sweepstakes with. I never post on it or tag friends etc. It is just another portal for my entering contests.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Facebook! When my daughter left for Texas years ago, I started it and it's worth it for me to see pictures of my nephews and nieces and girls. Now she moved back home, had twins and love it when she posts pictures of the twins on Facebook, and I share them with my friends and nephews and nieces etc. too.  I have very private settings, and anyone send too much gargage I don't want, they get unfollowed and it's clean.  My husband loves my Facebook too, We both use the same account. He doesn't want his own.  When we have our family reunion yearly, pictures are posted and I can make copies.  It's just so handy and we do like it alot.  

No much at all is written on my wall, No one tells us what they ate, or so forth, just very interesting things, that's why we like it.

Events get posted there, the twins first birthday party is coming up, people post if they can come or not.  It's just nice.