Contributor

NJ Governor Lifted Stay At Home Order

As of today, Murphy has lifted the stay at home order.  You still need to wear your mask and social distance.

Nothing new there. 

Now you can have up to 100 people at your party instead of 25 and in July up to 500.  Good for anyone that planned a wedding then!!

Summer camps and pools are opening (get those kids out of the house...lol)

I have enjoyed working from home these weeks.  I am a home body anyway.  As I heard someone here say, "my old normal is now the new normal"

Good luck to all, stay well and safe and hopefully we will not be right back here in the future.

Respected Contributor

Re: NJ Governor Lifted Stay At Home Order

The NJ lockdown is lifted in words only.  Due to the contact tracing being used, if you are  within 6ft of a person determined to be infected with Covid-19 for 15 minutes or longer, you will be quarantined for 14 days, even if you never get sick.  

So, I will not go out to any restaurants.  I will not shop standing anywhere near anyone else for 15 minutes or longer, and I will not visit friends and stand anywhere near any of them.  What has changed for me as far as my freedom to move about goes even after the stay-at-home order has been lifted?  Nothing at all.  In NJ, we are to be tracked like animals, for months to come, even though the illness is on the decline, and even though asymptomatic carriers are unlikely to spread the illness to others.   

I have no problem with contact tracing as it used to be, and yes, sick people with symptoms should stay in isolation at home so they cannot infect others. However, as  bluetooth and GPS tracking are to be used and the Comcare app, along whatever else they decide to add into the mix, that is just too much tracking.  This is not freedom.  I am still every bit as much a prisoner.  I am not happy at all.    

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

The NJ lockdown is lifted in words only.  Due to the contact tracing being used, if you are  within 6ft of a person determined to be infected with Covid-19 for 15 minutes or longer, you will be quarantined for 14 days, even if you never get sick.  

So, I will not go out to any restaurants.  I will not shop standing anywhere near anyone else for 15 minutes or longer, and I will not visit friends and stand anywhere near any of them.  What has changed for me as far as my freedom to move about goes even after the stay-at-home order has been lifted?  Nothing at all.  In NJ, we are to be tracked like animals, for months to come, even though the illness is on the decline, and even though asymptomatic carriers are unlikely to spread the illness to others.   

I have no problem with contact tracing as it used to be, and yes, sick people with symptoms should stay in isolation at home so they cannot infect others. However, as  bluetooth and GPS tracking are to be used and the Comcare app, along whatever else they decide to add into the mix, that is just too much tracking.  This is not freedom.  I am still every bit as much a prisoner.  I am not happy at all.    

I don't understand how this can work, if you don't know the people you are standing by. If I went to Wal Mart, Kroger, or wherever, I am not going to know who I am standing by, more than likely.

Are they tracking you with GPS and bluetooth? If so, do you have a choice on whether to participate in this or not?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@happycat wrote:

@Jersey Born wrote:

I don't understand how this can work, if you don't know the people you are standing by. If I went to Wal Mart, Kroger, or wherever, I am not going to know who I am standing by, more than likely.

Are they tracking you with GPS and bluetooth? If so, do you have a choice on whether to participate in this or not?

Wal-Mart and Kroger are tracking you with that level of granularity already when you step in their stores. As well as filming you. They can and do turn that info over to authorities when asked.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Big deal, as far as I'm concerned it's a joke.  The article I read said nothing about retail being able to actually open and let people in.

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Jersey Born wrote:

If you pay by credit card and/or give them your 'store bonus card', all they need to do is use their cameras to put a face to the name.

Honored Contributor

Now what can those in NJ do, and not do? Is this gov. in phase 1, or are there still phases used anymore? Have trouble keeping current with the can's and can'ts these days!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut  The following is from N.J. Covid-19 website:

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at Tue, Jun 9, 2020-4.21.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at Tue, Jun 9, 2020-4.22.19 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is going to be horrendous.  A contact tracer (someone trained to do this) is going to make a phone call to you, if you become ill and test positive for Covid-19.  You will be questioned by the tracer about everyone you have been in contact with, and they will have access to your online media accounts, and be able to access bluetooth, GPS data, etc. to question you further.  Then, those you mention to the tracer (or people they can determine you were near from your, and their, phone's data) will be contacted and told to self-isolate.  It will be an exponential explosion of people who must self-isolate for 14 days.  Support services will be offered.  Children will be removed from their parent's custody and homes, to who knows where, if there are not enough bathrooms (or perhaps even bedrooms) for all family members to use separately in their home. Everyone is going to feel that their privacy has been taken from them and that they are not free to associate with anyone.

People will find ways around this tracking.  Some people will deny they visited anyone.  Some will leave their cellphone at home.  I do not believe that the tracking will be voluntary.  I believe officials and employers will insist the tracking app be on your phone in order for you to be permitted to return to work, or go on a bus, or a train, or a plane, etc. It is all going to be a hot, painful mess. How is a business to remain open, upon reopening, if everyone working there is repeatedly quarantined, even when they are not sick, but merely exposed to someone who is sick?  How is this sustainable without a further crash in the economy?  How are people to be expected to have the money to buy food, pay their mortgage, pay for insurance of any kind, or even pay for their phone bill?  The sick joke is on all of us.